Rebuilding America's Jeep
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
That's it, its over, just pulled the trigger and while I was there, bought a new Uniden CB to.

IAFFCJ

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Manassas
State
VA
John how do the handhelds work and which ones ?
I have 4 of these handhelds. I think JeeperDD has the same ones. I picked these up because they were a reward from my credit card. For short distance like when on a trail ride these work great. They do use battery pretty fast if you are a talker but just on receive the last a good long time. For using the GMRS radios like a like a CB for Car to car in open top jeeps they work great. They will not work if you are looking to use a repeater but in simplex mode they work great. I use these to hand out to folks who don't have any radio in their rigs when we go on rides.

IMG_2742.jpg
IMG_2741.jpg

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
Got mine today in the mail. Nice, I am impressed with the apparent quality. Can't wait to try it out.

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
Just tried it to see if it would still work. No go. Damn it, I wanted the 40 watt. Next time

jbeemer

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Conklin
State
MI
I got a email today

They have 25% off again on the Midland site through March 20

Code "springsavings18"

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Figures. i received my 2 5-watt hand held and my 15-watt mobile a couple of weeks ago.:banghead:

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Wondering if @bigwalton did a review on the unit with the mic control and dual speaker? Looking at maybe getting one of these units before Sandblast, wondering which route to take?

Ron84cj

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
His is in the "for sale" section for $100 shipped. Figures. Cool stuff always pop up right AFTER I buy something. lol. I just ordered all the parts for my axles so I'm all tapped out.

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
His is in the "for sale" section for $100 shipped. Figures. Cool stuff always pop up right AFTER I buy something. lol. I just ordered all the parts for my axles so I'm all tapped out.
Thanks for the lead!

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Wondering if @bigwalton did a review on the unit with the mic control and dual speaker? Looking at maybe getting one of these units before Sandblast, wondering which route to take?
Nope, they haven't delivered one or let me know when to expect it. Was supposed to be Q1, but you never know until you have one in hand.

Shark Bait

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Charleston
State
WV
I got in one of the Midland 40 watt radios the other day for a client but it was too large for where he wanted it so he went with a 15 watt. If I get time to play with it I'll let you guys know how the 40 does here in the mountains.

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
Shark Bait let me know. Been thinking of this one for another rig. Thanks