Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
I agree!! Good luck. I like the stance on that truck [emoji106]
Thanks but that will change in the Spring. sits too low to be a 4x4 in my eyes. thinking of a modest 2.5" leveling kit (will still have a slight rake to it with the kit) and running 34s on it.

LetchcoreCJ7

Legacy Registered User
City
Nashville
State
TN
yall sum up my thoughts exactly - at the end of the day this thing will be driven quite a bit. things will happen, it will get scratched, etc... so decals that are a tad off that no one but Scrambler junkies are gonna notice doesn't really bother me. Just still curious as to why the decals are off. I just got off the phone with Phoenix and the guy said he'd never heard of that issue before. Oh well.

just a few odds and ends left on this one before starting on the '82:

power steering box leak
wire in the factory fogs (have the original lights and dash switch that came on it but just a piece of the wiring harness)
still need to fine tune the kick down cable

that's about it for it then just drive and see what needs adjustments / etc :headbang:

as noted above, I sold the Vette to my wife's uncle. Well it made it's way back over the weekend. Needs a new heater core installed and I offered to do it versus a shop. you'll also notice a roll bar out of an early '70s CJ5. neighbor of a friend was going to cut it up and put it in the trash. I have zero use for it but couldn't see it cut up. I was thinking of making a bar height table for my basement and maybe using this upside down under the table as a foot prop - who knows...

View attachment 51480
I have called them a few times on different issues. The two kits I have installed were off in areas. I actually had to make cuts to make areas work. Angles off areas too big, radius off. They are not exact replicas in my experience. I am going to try Austin Jeeps for graphics next time.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
surfjeepzx's paint work is amazing - no doubt about it. I did consider that route but due to cost decided to go the decal route. Maybe should have ponied up the first time and had him paint them on. oh well, live and learn.

Great thing about this '81 is that it helps me plan for what and how I will build the '82

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I wasn't going to say anything but since your putting new decals on...I couldn't stand how they didn't line up in the rear. That would have drove me crazy. I'm glad your getting them redone. Sucks to have to spend more though.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
I wasn't going to say anything but since your putting new decals on...I couldn't stand how they didn't line up in the rear. That would have drove me crazy. I'm glad your getting them redone. Sucks to have to spend more though.
No worries, I have thick skin! I thought I could deal with it but for the past month every time I walked in and out of the garage I found myself looking at the rear decals. That told me right there to do it.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
Finally an update! Picked her up this morning. Now time to re-assemble. Decided to have my painter paint the door insert versus use the decals. They now match the color on the hardtop perfectly. The decals had more gloss to them.

IMG_4557.JPG
IMG_4559.JPG
IMG_4558.JPG
IMG_4560.JPG
IMG_4561.JPG
IMG_4562.JPG
IMG_4564.JPG

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
Thanks for all the kind words. So glad to have it home. Working on getting it all back together now but it decided to fight back with a steering box leak. I need to pick up a seal kit.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
everything back together now. still have odds and ends to work out such as wiring up the fogs. Have the original lights and the switch but no wiring between them. still messin' with the kick-down cable as well. but all those are little things...

IMG_5051.JPG
IMG_5052.JPG
IMG_5054.JPG
IMG_5055.JPG
IMG_5056.JPG
IMG_5058.JPG
IMG_5063.JPG
IMG_5061.JPG
IMG_5062.JPG

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Looks great.. love how the bed shines.. so use to seeing sprayed linner..

Sent from my SM-N910P