Just caught myself up on your thread since my post on page 1. Great work, I felt like I was reliving my build as I was reading through yours.
A lot of similarities.
-Decal issues. Mine were installed by the painter a little off from stock but I had to just keep them
-BDS Lift: is great for over 3 years now, just watch the springs rusting. I kept the factory finish on them for install but probably should have scuffed and painted each leaf to help them maintain the black coloring. oh well
Not sure if you looked into the Rugged Ridge HD Tie Rod and Draglink with a flip kit, I just did that a couple weeks ago and it made a world of difference in turning radius.
Thanks for the compliment. I did flip the factory tie rod for now - looking into doing a HD conversion later. One thing I know I need to do is change out the ball joints. they are "OK", could technically last a little longer but wouldn't hurt to be replaced.
And yea, the finish on the springs leave a lot to be desired and I do feel like this set is rusting worse than the ones in the past. I will address them at some point.
Fog lights - I have the original lights and the switch that attaches to the dash. That's it. the relay/fuse/whatever isn't there. What size relay/fuse was used? I will need to build the harness from the switch to the lights themselves. I do have the plug still attached to the back of the switch with 2 red wires and a black wire
Great build. I'm not sure how I missed it before but just caught up on entire thread. Jerry built my motor too...401 with a cam that is way too big but I'm trying to learn to live with it. Anyone recognize a Jeep in corner of this pic when I was dropping my motor off to be built?
I finally got around to new ball joints and HD steering set-up. I haven't driven it yet since it snowed here and I don't want to drive it in the mess of brine and salt. Hopefully by this weekend it will be clear and clean roads. Sorry for the crappy pics
included one showing stock versus the Rugged Ridge set-up. Also added a steering box brace.
Fog Lights up and running using factory original switch, harness I acquired from Eric, and lots of help from a couple members here. Also fixed a small coolant leak due to a worm clamp being loose. Feels great tying up the loose ends!
Picked up a near perfect set of rocker trim. My originals were so far gone I went ahead and powder coated them black to try and hide the issues. They look decent but always wanted a new set. Also, with moving to a floor mount shifter for the TF727 (Lokar cable shift sucks for adjustment with factory auto column) I always wanted to replace my factory auto shift column for standard column. I was able to pick up both recently. Plan to paint column and polish the crap outta the rocker trim before install. Rocker trim even has original T bolts in great condition.