• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Thoughts on this 81

rstickley

SOA Member
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
Carencro
State
La
I’ve been looking at this 81 and I'm thinking it’s worth about $2,500. What do y’all think?
54E216ED-F181-4BB1-BB57-D8E70D71B0D7.jpegBE7AE9FE-CB7B-4E29-BF0E-3E542E8F1322.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

rstickley

SOA Member
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
Carencro
State
La
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
I'm still waiting on some pictures of the doors, hard top and bed area. It does have a clean title.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
For $2500 I've certainly seen people do worse. In my garage, in fact.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
If that is 6K then this must be the 2.5K model

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 13

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
At $6k he's not checking what others are selling for and at $2.5k I'm assuming it's basically mechanically perfect to have that much rust.

My take.

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
It looks like a pretty much un-molested Scrambler. That's the good part, a lot of original parts, wheel, caps, tire carrier, alluminium rockers, etc. I think the rust kind of deters the asking price by at least a few grand, maybe more. If it has a paper title, up here in the rust belt, you might get 4-4.5 K or maybe a little better. Not sure what your area holds for prices. The frame is a big deal though, check that out very carefully and from on your back. Good luck.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Why start with a rusted pile that has to be totally disassembled and mostly replaced. Start with something from a drier climate state with a solid frame, decent body and usable with a little work. Worth the trip in my opinion. Look at the usable parts on that scrambler and add up their value and it probably will not even add up to 2.5K. Pass on the 6K pile, everyone else will.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
That frame has rust but does't appear to have rot and the body isn't all that bad. I don't think it is worth 6k but It certainly has some value.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Why start with a rusted pile that has to be totally disassembled and mostly replaced. Start with something from a drier climate state with a solid frame, decent body and usable with a little work. Worth the trip in my opinion. Look at the usable parts on that scrambler and add up their value and it probably will not even add up to 2.5K. Pass on the 6K pile, everyone else will.

X2.......Although I know some peps like these rusty projects. Personally I HATE working on rusty vehicles.