• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

TrebleHook's 1983 Scrambler Laredo

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Since everyone else is having fun in Moab, I guess I'll just have to sit here and pout with my new Marchal lamps!!!!!
eheba4yd-1.jpg
tyqugy4e-1.jpg
e5e8e9un-1.jpg
a5y6y7a5-1.jpg
a3epa9y9-1.jpg
evedygyh-1.jpg
5aryzuve-1.jpg
Plug and play!!!!

Now Dylan....you where offered a seat, you can't be whining about Moab. :woot::smokin:

TrebleHook

CJ-8 Member
City
Fairfax
State
VA
Safari Top...done! It's a YJ bestop safari top (2 actually) that a local upholstery guy stitched together and fabbed up some Velcro and snaps for... I think it turned out pretty cool!
he9e7e9u-1.jpg
a3anate5-1.jpg
hapeha2a-1.jpg
y5urumu4-1.jpg
sujebumu-1.jpg
a9ehyhab-1.jpg
aje5u6u7-1.jpg

Test drove it and made a few mods to keep it from flapping and sailing, and it's good and tight. I'm happy with it...and of course I think it look cool. Cooler when I get the whole soft top frame and doors off. California, here we come!!

TrebleHook

CJ-8 Member
City
Fairfax
State
VA
Finally got the tie rod and drag link flipped. Used the inserts from OK4WD and a borrowed snap-on 1-1/2 inch reamer (thanks Allan!) Reamed by hand and measured depth often using the bottom sleeve for top depth measurement. Biggest improvement is the use of a stock pitman arm and the resulting decrease in turning radius. Aircraft carrier steering - NO MORE!!
ygugygaq-1.jpg
6e8yrame-1.jpg

Last edited:

TrebleHook

CJ-8 Member
City
Fairfax
State
VA
Oh, and sprayed some Krylon for Plastic satin black on the tired old flares. Not too bad...!
qe5ejytu-1.jpg
3y4enuru-1.jpg
uru4atu3-1.jpg
gurujyba-1.jpg

Of course all of this was with the Yoda-like assistance of Jeeperdd. Thanks, Dustin!

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Coming along nicely. :thumbsup:

Keep in mind though, "A Jeep is NEVER done. :wave:

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
funny I saw a picture like that not to long ago on the way to moab... scrambler was blue though. :D