My 81 cj7 laredo had one and I trying to make one like it

Sent from my iPhone

YJ-8

Basic User
City
Austin
State
TX

I picked up my custom bent frame rails and sleeves for the YJ-8. Factory frame was 1/8" and my new metal is 3/16 to be safe.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Would love to see more of this. Does that line clear the headlight bucket?
The line does with a new connector on the back of the headlight that angles the wires down spliced in. I was a tight fit for sure.

Here's a few more recent pics. Got the control in tonight. Radio is going in a tuffy console.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390538074.963108.jpg

Unit is in. You can see many of the hoses custom made to make it all work.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390538242.397657.jpg

Which pass through the firewall here. Two cooling two heating for the combo unit.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390538362.038910.jpg

Still a ways to go but from this angle you can see how tucked up the unit is. He didnt want to see a big bulky ac unit so that's why we are going vintage air. Plus it is electronically controlled with servos like a modern car. Great quality stuff just a lotta hours in adapting it to a CJ.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390538533.059067.jpg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
The line does with a new connector on the back of the headlight that angles the wires down spliced in. I was a tight fit for sure.

Here's a few more recent pics. Got the control in tonight. Radio is going in a tuffy console.

View attachment 39507

Unit is in. You can see many of the hoses custom made to make it all work.

View attachment 39508

Which pass through the firewall here. Two cooling two heating for the combo unit.

View attachment 39509

Still a ways to go but from this angle you can see how tucked up the unit is. He didnt want to see a big bulky ac unit so that's why we are going vintage air. Plus it is electronically controlled with servos like a modern car. Great quality stuff just a lotta hours in adapting it to a CJ.

View attachment 39510

What color interior is going to be run in there?

cb

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Black corbeau sport seats. U can kinda see one sitting behind me in the reflection pic of the controls. :thumbsup:

City
Huntsville
State
AL
Well didn't do much today, too cold, but did swap the door pulls I picked up last week in as the driver's door pull was in 2 pieces and I've been having to drive the jeep some while my son uses my Unlimited. Did get some parts ordered and in this week, just need to finish the motor in the 98 to free up the garage for the Scrambler, but been too cold to work outside. Did finally get pics of the tires I got installed last week thought I'd share.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
My reward from craigslist scavenging this week!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390744709.885098.jpg

I'd prolly put a NEW quadratec dash pad in the cart half a dozen times over the las year, and couldn't stomach toe price.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Well didn't do much today, too cold, but did swap the door pulls I picked up last week in as the driver's door pull was in 2 pieces and I've been having to drive the jeep some while my son uses my Unlimited. Did get some parts ordered and in this week, just need to finish the motor in the 98 to free up the garage for the Scrambler, but been too cold to work outside. Did finally get pics of the tires I got installed last week thought I'd share.

How cold is tooo cold in Bama terms? I was picking and working all day yesterday and it was about 10 all day? it is 4 here now ;) Just kidding ya... it will warm up soon here! I believe it is going to be 30 on Thursday!!!

cb

DiveSherpa

Legacy Registered User
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Not in a scrambler but in an 83 CJ. Today more work on a custom heat and air cond install. Parts from vintage air but everything else needs to be fabbed, lines brackets wiring etc. these folks make hot rod and classic car kits but this unit getting one to fit under the CJ dash will be a fun challenge.

View attachment 39391

View attachment 39392
That is very nice looking Jeep. Neat vintage air install and really like the Lokar shifters. Going with the all electronic AC controls is a very nice touch.
I will be using both on my CJ-6 build.

What parts are you using for that Vintage air install? That looks like the Gen II Compac in your picture... I would love to see how how you route the duct work.
It's going to be a tight fit as I have a little less behind the dash space to work with than a CJ-7-8 so I am doing away with my glove box to make a little more room.

Nice work!

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
:woohoo:Just achieved a ten-day speed record (for me) with my Scrambler - topped out over 40mph on a
straight plowed road... Been in 4wd for two months without a break and it's the only vehicle we have mobile these days.
Life in the slow lane. :wave:

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Geared up for the frigid garage
15073_10203346732294571_1557095325_n.jpg

Tore everything out to get room to get under the dash for the SpeedHut gauge install
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390784472.020843.jpg

Found a boo boo on one of the driver seat mounts :eek: My big *** and too much bouncing around I guess...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390784625.487027.jpg

City
Huntsville
State
AL
How cold is tooo cold in Bama terms? I was picking and working all day yesterday and it was about 10 all day? it is 4 here now ;) Just kidding ya... it will warm up soon here! I believe it is going to be 30 on Thursday!!!

cb
Well personally the human body wasn't supposed to operate below 75 degrees, but I can get by around 54 if I bundle up. It was only 45 yesterday ;)

Did finally get the motor in the 98 TJ today. Just have to bolt all the goodies back on now. Might be able to get back to it next weekend supposed to be cold this week again.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
45 seems like a dream right now... it was 10 all day with 20 mph winds... the word "wind chill" made a lot of sense today.

cb

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Well personally the human body wasn't supposed to operate below 75 degrees, but I can get by around 54 if I bundle up. It was only 45 yesterday ;)
I would have KILLED for it to be 45 in the garage today. I'd still be out there now if it was that warm.

84scramblertex

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richardson
State
TX
My son and I pulled the seats, console, belts and all and then de-rustified the floor boards, primed and coated. Used truck bed coating in black and it changed the interior look big time. Looks really good. Then bought a bunch of little pieces off EBay for the scrambler too. Since we had the top off my son an I went for a little cruise and went a little off-road up over a few hills. We even folded the windshield down. We had a blast!

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
My son and I pulled the seats, console, belts and all and then de-rustified the floor boards, primed and coated. Used truck bed coating in black and it changed the interior look big time. Looks really good. Then bought a bunch of little pieces off EBay for the scrambler too. Since we had the top off my son an I went for a little cruise and went a little off-road up over a few hills. We even folded the windshield down. We had a blast!
That's a great day right there, love everything about it :bow:

Smokey65

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Plantation
State
Fl
Replaced the old rusted exhaust.
IMG_5830 (480x640).jpg

Replaced everything from the exhaust manifold to the tailpipe. Went with a flowmaster 40 with no catalytic converter at this time. May add the catalytic converter back in.

Continued my in place cleaning of the underside of the jeep. And started removing all the vacuum hoses in preparation of swapping out the carb to a Motorcraft 2150. Man is the engine bay looking so much less cluttered!

Status
Not open for further replies.