• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What did you do with your Scrambler today? January 2014 version

Status
Not open for further replies.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Not scrambler related..... Swapped carburetor on my 9 month old Honda snowblower. Absolutely pathetic how crappy these things have gotten. Dealer tells me they are REALLY sensitive to leaving ANY fuel in them. They refuse to to clean or rebuilt carburetors any more, new carb is $20.15 after tax. They blame the quality and stability of today's gasoline. I bought a couple af cans of their "hot rod" fuel that is suppose to last up to two years after opened, only $7 a quart!

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Actually worked a bit on the Scrambler last night... I got the wheels off of it and up on jackstands. I have to swap the roller rubber off of it and onto some waggies as the Outlaw I's are headed to another Jeeper in need.

Of course the pics are on the camera and on the other computer... I will try to post them up later.

cb

zero2wow

SOA old xprez...
Lifetime Member
City
Vancouver
State
WA
How about trying aviation fuel. I use it in the chainsaws, weed wacker and Honda pressure washer. But the fuel is probably not your issue.

Sent from my bla bla phone zero2wow ;-)

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Find a gas station that sells gas WITHOUT ethanol. Never thought of avgas... hmmm....

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Not scrambler related..... Swapped carburetor on my 9 month old Honda snowblower. Absolutely pathetic how crappy these things have gotten. Dealer tells me they are REALLY sensitive to leaving ANY fuel in them. They refuse to to clean or rebuilt carburetors any more, new carb is $20.15 after tax. They blame the quality and stability of today's gasoline. I bought a couple af cans of their "hot rod" fuel that is suppose to last up to two years after opened, only $7 a quart!

Find a gas station that sells gas WITHOUT ethanol. Never thought of avgas... hmmm....

I am lucky. Down here, quite a few regular gas station that sell 100% pure gas, and in different octane ratings:)

If you have a marina nearby, worth checking there, too, for the non-ethanol gas:twocents:

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Only non-ethanol gas near me only sell hi-test... too frigen expensive to run in a daily driver. Connie runs it in her Beetle.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Theres alot of youtube videos on how to separate it from gas. Not hard to do but to do it on large scale it would need a good part of your garage.

Sent from my SPH-L900

opelgtboy

Legacy Registered User
City
Glassboro
State
NJ
I always use Star tron in my gas cans so I know its in the small machinery. I will also put some of it along with seafoam in all my old vehicles every time i fill them up.

Karl

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Theres alot of youtube videos on how to separate it from gas. Not hard to do but to do it on large scale it would need a good part of your garage.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Yep, I could just see me blowing up/burning down the neighborhood:rotfl::rotfl::evil::evil:

And, how would you dispose of the left over contaminated water/ethanol mix:shrug::shrug:

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Yep, I could just see me blowing up/burning down the neighborhood:rotfl::rotfl::evil::evil:

And, how would you dispose of the left over contaminated water/ethanol mix:shrug::shrug:

sell it. I bet someone would drink it and like it...

84scramblertex

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Richardson
State
TX
I took the scrambler to get inspected in the great state if Texas. And... Drumroll please.... She passed! It is only a safety inspection and everything was up to snuff. Just when you have to give a few "pre-flight instructions" I get nervous. So she is all legal but still have some work to do.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I took the scrambler to get inspected in the great state if Texas. And... Drumroll please.... She passed! It is only a safety inspection and everything was up to snuff. Just when you have to give a few "pre-flight instructions" I get nervous. So she is all legal but still have some work to do.

Awesome, congrats! When I got the safety inspection on my J10 I had to tell the shop they would have to push it out since reverse didn't work! Made me nervous but they don't require reverse to pass!

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
pictures as promised... lame I know, but they are pictures and the Scrambler was actually worked on.

IMG_5417-1.jpg

IMG_5418-1.jpg

IMG_5419-1.jpg

IMG_5421-1.jpg

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
At least the rims are actual OEM ones now, so the Jeep feels a lot more orignal... LOL.

cb

Julio

Basic User
City
St Charles
State
Mo
Awesome, congrats! When I got the safety inspection on my J10 I had to tell the shop they would have to push it out since reverse didn't work! Made me nervous but they don't require reverse to pass!
Polar, can you tell me what MO looks at in there "Safety Inspection". I haven't been able to get a straight answer around St Charles. Fixing to go have that done.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Polar, can you tell me what MO looks at in there "Safety Inspection". I haven't been able to get a straight answer around St Charles. Fixing to go have that done.

They look at brakes (spot check one wheel), make sure exhaust is complete with no leaks, make sure horn works and all lights/turn signals work, no cracks in windshield. I think the state DMV website should list everything. I never take it to an exhaust shop because they always seem to find a problem with the exhaust that they want to fix. I think some areas around STL do emissions testing but I'm not sure. Good luck!

This gives more info: http://www.dmv.org/mo-missouri/smog-check.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.