What did you do with your Scrambler today? January 2014 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
City
NACOGDOCHES
State
TX
Put on a Brake booster/MC and new air cleaner. Really nice brake setup...from Auto City on ebay. No more shin splints after a trail ride.

I had to raid every parts store in the Deep East Texas area looking for the brake line adapters for to connect to the MC (9/16 was a bugger to find).

Had to fab a bracket to attach the air cleaner to the valve cover, cap a hole and drill a bulk head hole for the hose. Also had to get a spacer for the air cleaner. Air cleaner looks good...too much bling for me though. Might spray it black.

Still have to find a rubber boot to cover the big hole in the fire wall from rain where the linkage come thru. Any suggestions...or just buy a few at the parts store and see what works best?

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
IMG-20140112-01068.jpg Finally cut off the over-long u-bolts so they don't hit the bump stop with a big load...

Jblank

Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
New Berlin
State
Il
Much carnage today. I'm removing anything that's not broken or rusted through from my 81 before we move the engine, drive train & axles over to the new frame & tub. Today I removed the seats. One of four bolts on each seat would not give it up... Thankfully my floorboards are shot to &$€£¥%#, so I just pulled them up through the rust.

I also unbolted (read that, broke all the bolts from) and removed the stock (?) aluminum rocker panel moulding. These are both in pretty good shape, no dings but painted black and with a coating of bondo along the top edge. I guess the po wasn't pleased with the fitment and fixed it himself...?

Unbolted the bulkhead, but it seems to have some sort of adhesive holding it in place along the sides. Does anyone w/an aqualu tub know if the stock bulkhead will fit without mod?

Smokey65

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Plantation
State
Fl
Pulled the transmission skid plate and cleaned the transmission and transfer case. Years of grease and dirt are now gone! :bacon: Cut out the exhaust to replace this week. Not sure exactly which route I am planning to go, but replacing the complete exhaust from header back and probably going with a Flowmaster 40 muffler. Also, planning to put a catalytic converter back on. (Any suggestions on pros and cons, I am willing to listen.)

84scramblertex

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richardson
State
TX
Spent time adjusting the clutch, checking brakes, and cleaning her up quite a bit. Got to drive her around and took a few pictures as well. Now just have to get the plastic valve cover replaced with a cast aluminum and really need to rebuild the carb. Also need to get the shoulder harness straps mounted as they should be. Going to get her inspected this weekend so she is all legal.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Drove this one to the junk yard yesterday for a parts run. Just love our "sunny and 65 degree winter weather:twocents::thumbsup:

City
Hammonton
State
NJ
Drove it to work. I haven't driven it in a while, but a caliper locked up on the Rubicon yesterday, so I dumped it at my brother's shop and grabbed the Scrambler. Middle of January, pouring rain, and no roof. I was OK with that part, but when the wipers quit it kind of threw me a curve. Eh, not the worst conditions we've been through.
Anyway, the thing still freaks me out. Whenever I get into it, I instantly feel at ease, and the damn thing still rides better than my Wrangler, even though I'm riding on tires that practically qualify for "Classic" status.

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
stafford
State
va
Drove it to work. I haven't driven it in a while, but a caliper locked up on the Rubicon yesterday, so I dumped it at my brother's shop and grabbed the Scrambler. Middle of January, pouring rain, and no roof. I was OK with that part, but when the wipers quit it kind of threw me a curve. Eh, not the worst conditions we've been through.
Anyway, the thing still freaks me out. Whenever I get into it, I instantly feel at ease, and the damn thing still rides better than my Wrangler, even though I'm riding on tires that practically qualify for "Classic" status.
Pics please !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

City
Hammonton
State
NJ
I admit, when I saw the rain we're supposed to get, I did wuss out and switch to my full doors for the day. However, since the interior of my Scrambler is shrinking, I had to drive in to work with the window down, since my left arm no longer seems to fit inside.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Mu driveway was getting pretty rutted, and the tractor isn't running yet. But, there is the drag blade off the tractor... a few chains at strategic spots hooked to the Scrambler rear bumper and hitch, and I was redneck plowing the gravel!

cruser

Legacy Registered User
City
Buffalo Gap
State
TX
Started the disassembly process. Rod knocking on the engine... 40 some miles...yikes..practice practice practice

image.jpg

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Garden Hill, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Didnt do anything to the Scrambler today. Was going to but i screwed up both elbow joints attempting to exersice a few days ago. Pretty much left me out of commision. Will see how I feel tomorrow... Have a long list and need to get stuff done before Moab!!!

Tomorrow...
Lower gas tank enough to see where leak is coming from (hopefully be able to fix it without dropping it completely)
Make roll cage mounts and install new rear view mirror.

See how i feel after that, then start tearing out gauges to start Speedhut install!! :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.