• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Guy up North is going BIG TIME on us.
nice,………..
My productivity was going down big time, so I was hoping to level the playing field.
The major issue I have at the moment it time. I simply don't have any these days with work, etc.
I will get there... yesterday I was able to get a lot of the parts sorted out, got chalk lines snapped, columns upright and in place... gotta find my hammer pants and get to hammer drilling...

cb

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
hammer pants
AngelicVictoriousFattaileddunnart-size_restricted.gif

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Can’t touch this

it’s going to be a sweet set up once installed. First thing you’re going to say is “why didn’t I do this sooner?”

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
How about the 2008 F450 with 160k on it.........smelled diesel the other day. Found that the lift pump O-Ring seat was corroded and it sucked air. $300 later and 45 whole minutes later.
Anyone got a lead on a 450 Platinum?

IMG_6215.jpg

IMG_6214.jpg

capnmark4

Basic User
City
WESTLAKE
State
TX
Spent most of the day dealing with the new LED light set up.

Synopsis -- LED tail lights I probably paid too much for, LED headlights and turn signals/parking lights up front, third brake light. Started this project a couple of months ago. Got all of the lights in but had some issues (headlights didn't work was the main one). I also had put on a different 3rd brake light but not enough of it showed with the license plate relocation and the wagon wheels so now I have a new one.

First the brake lights:
Brake lights.jpg

Think you'll be able to see it. Although I'm not a real fan of the LED array type lights, that seems to be about the only thing available (at least that I could find).

capnmark4

Basic User
City
WESTLAKE
State
TX
Headlights look smoked. Would have preferred more of a stock look but was reluctant to modify the buckets for the H4 replacements. Also, the Hellas and KCs are a bit more than I wanted to pay right now.

Front lights.jpg

capnmark4

Basic User
City
WESTLAKE
State
TX
I'll get some after dark pics later.

One thing I noticed that confused me. When I turn on the lights, the turn signal indicators come on. The lights all flash properly (after installing an electronic flasher), all the lights work great. I wound up taking all of the LEDs out but the indicators still come on. So confused but happy :D

capnmark4

Basic User
City
WESTLAKE
State
TX
I'll get some after dark pics later.

One thing I noticed that confused me. When I turn on the lights, the turn signal indicators come on. The lights all flash properly (after installing an electronic flasher), all the lights work great. I wound up taking all of the LEDs out but the indicators still come on. So confused but happy :D
Figured out the indicator issue. The LEDs don't provide enough resistance so the Jeep doesn't think there's a bulb there. So I can either live with the indicators being on with the dash lights or get some resistors.
IMG_1166.jpg