• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

jc_chandler

City
Denver
State
CO
You might try a curved diamond needle and some strong thread and stitch the vinyl together over the zipper. You probably won't need to remove it until it's worn out anyway.
I like that idea, will give it a shot. It's not like anyone will really ever see the stitching anyway.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
That looks great! What are the buttons for inside the console?
The buttons are for a code to open the lock box. But the large button at the rear is a biometric fingerprint sensor. It really works great. It also had a phone ap but the software wanted too much info off my phone, so I removed the Wi-Fi module.
There were a couple of mechanical security issues that I found online so I fixed those too before installing.
I’m really impressed with it- it has a 10ga lid. The sides are even thicker. Online they shot it with a 9mm several times and just dents. Even ran over it with a car- no problem. It weighs almost 18lbs…

Last edited:

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Working on the pattern for the front frame cover. It's got to be at least 1/4" thick . . . it will be a little thicker. I added to the bottom side and on the top. The driver side "L" has to be thick enough to recess into to clear the steering bolts that stick up from the frame cross member. I'll make the recess for the left hand drive. Anyone with a right hand drive can recess that side. I put in an hour or so every few days. Eventually I'll get it ready. After seeing what people are asking for old ones, I almost didn't sacrifice this one. But when I'm done, I'd rather have a new aluminum one that will last forever than the old cracked one.

Attachments

• IMG_0004 (8).JPG
    IMG_0004 (8).JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 41

jc_chandler

City
Denver
State
CO
Working on the pattern for the front frame cover. It's got to be at least 1/4" thick . . . it will be a little thicker. I added to the bottom side and on the top. The driver side "L" has to be thick enough to recess into to clear the steering bolts that stick up from the frame cross member. I'll make the recess for the left hand drive. Anyone with a right hand drive can recess that side. I put in an hour or so every few days. Eventually I'll get it ready. After seeing what people are asking for old ones, I almost didn't sacrifice this one. But when I'm done, I'd rather have a new aluminum one that will last forever than the old cracked one.
Very cool, please add me to this list

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
SOA Member
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Had a tree branch fall on our camper trailer. Replacing the awning (it's on backorder, looks like another 6 weeks until I get it (I sure hope our illustrious leader calls our transportation secretary back from maternity leave soon so he can solve these issues) and a broken sky light causing a good leak. I decided to replace both skylights since I'm up there.

Not Jeep related, but now it's off my work bench to-do list. Not purdy, but should hold up. Luckily it's 12' up and out of sight.

Attachments

• 20211201_140237.jpg
    20211201_140237.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20211201_130041.jpg
    20211201_130041.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20211201_123727.jpg
    20211201_123727.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 15

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
Had a tree branch fall on our camper trailer. Replacing the awning (it's on backorder, looks like another 6 weeks until I get it (I sure hope our illustrious leader calls our transportation secretary back from maternity leave soon so he can solve these issues) and a broken sky light causing a good leak. I decided to replace both skylights since I'm up there.

Not Jeep related, but now it's off my work bench to-do list. Not purdy, but should hold up. Luckily it's 12' up and out of sight.
Never fear, I believe once our transportation secretary is back on the job, all problems will be solved😳

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
More body filer, primer, and putty. It'll take awhile until I get it smooth enough, but I'm working on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (13).JPG
    IMG_0001 (13).JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 25