• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
Ok, ok... it's too big for the workbench. Working on getting her 401ci Chief running to launch the boat.

Attachments

• 20200724_165520.jpg
    20200724_165520.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 20

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
So, back to the workbench... on mine.... NOTHING!!!! well, except the 50 pennies I found in the last Jeep that need to be cleaned up a little and rolled up (gotta do my part to get the coins back in circulation) :)

I have probably one more hour of sorting bolts and I will be back to having nothing on there... it has been a very long time.
The angle finder fell off the tool box right as I shot the picture, so that has to go back up as well, but all in all, I am very happy to have this back to a usable bench.

20200726_155030_resized.jpg

cb

83CJ-8

Trying to catch up
Gold Member
Silver Member
City
Lewes
State
DE
Haven't made it to my bench yet. But I drove down to Charlotte NC from north VA (5 hrs oneway) to pick up an auto trans brake pedal and steering column I found on CL. I got a good deal, well worth the drive
IMG_5929.jpg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Great deal on some 15x8's this weekend.
These are originally non-drilled, but someone drilled them for center caps, so that is what we have.
The closest one in the pic of 5 is the one I started to polish out... coming out nicely.

20200808_170805_resized.jpg

20200808_174938_resized.jpg

These will probably go up for sale when I am done... I have some front caps coming for them as well as those were broken/cracked and not usable.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Only got to one more wheel polished, but the new caps are on the way confirmed.
Back 2 on the right are polished out but need the mothers ball touch.
They are cleaning up nicely.

I was busy doing something else in the crazy humidity...

20200809_164146_resized.jpg

20200809_164325_resized.jpg

Hard to believe we will be burning wood in a few months after the Heat and Humidity this weekend.
Gonna hopefully split 1/2 of that up tonight along with a ton of other chores that need to get done.

cb

jvivian

Basic User
City
Benson
State
AZ
Picked up a bunch of these. Mostly all gone now. Had one set of Scrambler end caps left to put on Ebay and an Early set left for the 77 to 79 Jeep truck bumpers. I was asked to make the end caps for the 80 era Honcho bumper. Will get started on that in probably a week. This should cover any end caps needed for our Scramblers and trucks.
Picked up a bunch of these. Mostly all gone now. Had one set of Scrambler end caps left to put on Ebay and an Early set left for the 77 to 79 Jeep truck bumpers. I was asked to make the end caps for the 80 era Honcho bumper. Will get started on that in probably a week. This should cover any end caps needed for our Scramblers and trucks.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Nah, I have a splitter, but these trees were on the property, so had to take them down, cut limbs, cut up pieces, split, stack, repeat.

Gonna do a bunch more tomorrow to get more to split... I am all caught up now and the weather seems to be breaking.

I try to do a couple hours each night when the sun starts to dip down... I come in soaking wet, shower up and eat... a lot of wood there, but trying to get it all done for next year as well... normally takes a few weeks to get it all done.
cb

20200811_173110_resized.jpg

20200812_164931_resized.jpg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Straight wood stove or water furnace?

Wood stove... got a new one a few years ago, more efficient (reburn - non-catalyst), can watch the flames now with the front all glass... we burn less now overall than the old one, but with everyone home a lore more earlier this year, it seemed more wood disappeared into the fire when I wasn't around.... lol.

cb

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
When I grew up we had a Franklin potbelly & a fireplace. That is a lot of wood. I really wonder the way things are going how much longer people with be allowed to even do that. I love a fire.