• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I got 2 done last night and they came out pretty nice... then I had to go pick up a package that is clearly too big for the workbench...

20171215_190903_resized.jpg

20171215_160636_resized.jpg

cb

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
I like the chrome wagon wheels, but those would be next on my preference list. Those really look nice and they won't rust.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Wow ! Those wheels look great CB. Amazing

I got one more done yesterday... painfully slow progress... got called into work yesterday and now as well.

20171216_165201_resized.jpg

When they are all done, it will make a very nice set from a few feet away... the new owner may wish to really go through the steps again to wet sand and repolish.
Polishing compound in New England in the winter doesn't like to play nice... like spray paint, and that spray stripper, cold weather really makes it difficult to work with... it likes about 60 degrees.

cb

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
That just shows what can be done with some effort, to bring them back. A lot of people might pass on a set they might think are to far gone, but you brought them back to life. Well done !

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I am done with as far as I will take them... they really could use another polishing, but summer time would be a better time to do that.

20171217_131600_resized.jpg

20171217_132032_001_resized.jpg

20171217_132055_resized.jpg

cb

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Nutmeg & Honey Wheels 005.jpgHoney Wheel on bench 001.jpgHoney Wheel on bench 002.jpg
Finished up a Honey Wheel and then freshened up the honey color on the horn cap. Did the Nutmeg horn cap yesterday. I mask off everything but the Jeep letters. I used to mask those, but it is easier to just rub the paint off the letters when it is dry. Someone was asking me about a Honey Steering Wheel, so I've got one ready. Nutmeg was the first wheel I sold on ebay, so now I've got another one ready. The Laredo horn caps are popping up on ebay now. Nutmeg ones for 383 and 250, and black ones for 150 and 100.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
The nos nutmeg cap for 383 ships from Japan. Seller has a bunch of NOS jeep things listed.

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
I wish they had a NOS black one for that. I'm not ashamed to say I'd pay the $383 if I could sell by old one for $100. However, maybe I should try and recondition it instead :shrug:

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
I built a similar room when I built my shop a few years ago and also use it for a paint room. I used a Roll up door for it.

Went cheap. Buddy had a 12x25 reflective concrete curing blanket (R-6.10). Folded it in half, threw it up on the loft and held down with a 2x4. Toasty warm and easy to get out since I don't have a man door.

20171218_132500.jpg

Was able to get a couple of these cleaned up.

reg2.jpg

SE.jpg

Attachments

• reg.jpg
    reg.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 241

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
View attachment 60643View attachment 60644View attachment 60645
Finished up a Honey Wheel and then freshened up the honey color on the horn cap. Did the Nutmeg horn cap yesterday. I mask off everything but the Jeep letters. I used to mask those, but it is easier to just rub the paint off the letters when it is dry. Someone was asking me about a Honey Steering Wheel, so I've got one ready. Nutmeg was the first wheel I sold on ebay, so now I've got another one ready. The Laredo horn caps are popping up on ebay now. Nutmeg ones for 383 and 250, and black ones for 150 and 100.

That one for $150 was nice looking. Probably worth what the buyer paid. Anyone here get it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-CJ-LA...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Now there is a complete Laredo wheel with a fairly decent center cap for 175 delivered. Leather on the wheel doesn't look very nice but for 25 more than the other cap you get a wheel with horn parts.

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
I made Mrs. CJ8, get ready, 8 of these for the front yard. I've got $4 a 20' stick of 3/8" rebar and $3 for the lights from WallyWorld. Tizz da season.

aYhsxdBxRsC03HVES4KNTg.jpg

eNyn3J+cSoyDa9uBZJow0g.jpg

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
UPDATE
One was stolen and this evening while Mrs. CJ8 and I were out and about.
Urggh!

Some people suck. Hopefully Karma gets them.

When the inflatable decorations first came out, we found a polar bear one behind a never used register at a store. Put it out December 24th, went to bed Christmas morning around 1am. It was gone the next morning.

Gonna have to make some candy cane shape rebar anchors 2+ feet long and then use a hi-lift jack to get them out when its time to put them away for the next year.

neilconnolly79

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Mankato
State
MN
Nothing even remotely Jeep related at the moment.

Bee hive that failed some time between November 1st and last week, gotta autopsy it and try to determine why it dies off...

IMAG0827.jpg

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Update: Built another one to replace the stolen one. Used zip ties to secure the cords to the frames. No more unplug and go!
Let’s hope this serves as a deterrent.