• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Never thought to take a before picture, but picked these up today and commenced to cleaning as soon as I got home. So these are the after the work bench, clean rims. One thing I did notice was the thick plastic like film on the back. Is this normal ??

IMG_0026.JPGIMG_0027.JPG

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Yes the factory clear caoated the chrome wheels to deter the rust.:wave:

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Not sure if I should remove the rest of it, as some has started to flake a bit. But guess I will leave it alone for now. Not being driven in the snow ever again !

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
You must have missed them on Craigslist. Not selling. Took too long to find them. Unless you have a rust free tub for me.

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
The prettiest 170k mile engine you ever saw.

Attachments

• 20180714_211424.jpg
    20180714_211424.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20180714_211415.jpg
    20180714_211415.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 30

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Don't want to keep pic lovers hanging.

Attachments

• 20180623_155813.jpg
    20180623_155813.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20180627_184555.jpg
    20180627_184555.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180630_154855.jpg
    20180630_154855.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 37

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Made an inexpensive mount for CO2 tank bracket

Got tired of the bungee cord mount for my CO2 tank, so decided to get something more sturdy.
Started with a Powertank bracket that a friend no longer needed. I wanted to attach this to my roll-bar in the bed of the Jeep. Sounds simple but, the problem I encountered is that all the mounts I could find were for 2.25" roll bars or smaller (not to mention most of them were fancy billet aluminum costing $25-50 each). Scramblers have a 3" bar and I could not find a mount made for that anywhere unless I had some special made ($80 each). Also the bracket did not have holes spaced for a 3" bar so I'd need to modify that a little.

After thinking about it for a while I came on the idea of using some exhaust clamps to attach the bracket to the roll-bar.

Two 3" clamps @ 3.50 each (they come in a lot of sizes if you are trying to fit a different diameter bar)
3 inch exhaust clamp.jpg

A little paint to keep the rust away
Painted.jpg

Adjusted hole spacing in the bracket to fit the 3" u-bolts)
Bracket Drilled For 3 inch u-bolt.jpg

Trimmed the u-bolts to desired length (if left full length, they'd hit the tank)
Bracket Mounted.jpg

Final install works great
Final Setup.jpg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Been very busy buying/stripping some junk Jeeps, but was able to drop off a few sets of parts to the powdercoater and they came back.
A couple sets I am keeping, some will be selling, but with so much rust/dirt/etc on them it was easier to have them blast and coat them.
Like everything, a couple of them have some pitting, but once mounted, you won't notice on the side steps.

The bumpers and rocker trim came out very nice.20180802_185345_resized.jpg20180802_185553_resized.jpg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Nope, I got those a year or so back off eBay... can't remember from who, but it was ok pricewise but still a little high.
My place was to keep these and sell the others, so I only bought 2 sets.

cb