• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
I could so use that black STC half top if you're thinking of letting it go. :fingerscrossed:
Sorry, I'm in same position you are except I'm going to be looking for the hardware. Don't know if the fast trac cab portion would work, but rather save that for the good cj8. I'll be searching ebay and such for the hardware. Hope your search is fruitful.

RMNP CJ-8

Gold Member
City
Estes Park
State
CO
The third top is a STC fast trac top. Looks complete (minus the tail gate bracket). Also new. I knew I had some tops (though missing some parts), forgot the condition they were in8-). Thinking the fast trac for the never ending jeep build (will almost never see rain) and the stc black top the the winter fiberglass build.

If the third STC fast trac top works with hard doors and is for sale I would be interested!

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Almost forgot, here's the last piece of the tops I found. These will be used with the top I have on the cj7 to cj8 build that I just got on the road. Just a pleasant surprise to find the tops I had stashed were as good as they were and can work with the builds I'm doing. Kinda like I just got a Christmas present. Only thing I might sell is the original jeep half top. It wouldn't be right to use it as a daily driver.

Attachments

• 20200410_144402.jpg
    20200410_144402.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200410_144408.jpg
    20200410_144408.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 2

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Bought this console with pad a few days ago. I wanted to see an original pad and how it was made and mounted. I expected to see a couple of velcro mounting points, like Jeep did with the carpet, but it was mounted with two machine screws. This console came from a YJ. Does anyone know if CJs came with console pads as an accessory or was it a later YJ item?

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 11

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
They did, but they were rare. I have a repro I bought off of ebay (cjlaredo was the seller - he does a pretty true-to-original job on most of his repros). It just floats freely. Want me to take more pictures?

20180401_065410.jpg

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Here are a bunch, let me know if there are others you'd like. Now I understand what the screws are meant for on the bottom, but I don't think I'll be drilling my console any time soon.

View attachment 82197

View attachment 82198

View attachment 82199

View attachment 82200

View attachment 82201

View attachment 82202
Thanks for the pictures and measurements. You could glue a piece of felt on the bottom to keep the staples from possibly scratching the console. That's what I was planning on doing. Once I get a top on a 1913 Buick finished I'll try my luck on making a really nice pad.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Junkyard gold:

20200418_122229.jpg

Often wonder why cars end up in the junk yard, this seems obvious:

20200418_121149.jpg

Just got to clean them up, but spare parts:

20200418_155803.jpg

non busted intake manifold
spare 2 port fuel rail
spare throttle body
ALL MPI sensors (except O2 and VSS)
spare air intake hose
spare thermostat housing

Not bad for $60 :shrug:

It is getting harder to find the older "2 port fuel rail" MPI vehicles in the junk yard, I would guess pre-1996 model year. There were quite a few "single port fuel rail" Grand Cherokees and Cherokees, probably 10+, ONLY 1 "2 port fuel rail" Jeep.

I might go back and snag all the serpentine belt accessories/pulleys/brackets/ etc. off of this one, too. My red Scrambler has a 4.0 in it, with CJ v-belt drive accessories. It would be easier to fit the YJ air box with the 4.0 PS pump, BUT I would have to buy a serpentine belt harmonic balancer from Hesco, $$$$$$$$.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Bought this console with pad a few days ago. I wanted to see an original pad and how it was made and mounted. I expected to see a couple of velcro mounting points, like Jeep did with the carpet, but it was mounted with two machine screws. This console came from a YJ. Does anyone know if CJs came with console pads as an accessory or was it a later YJ item?

I believe the only year to get a factory center console pad was 81. They came in either nutmeg or black on Laredo’s