Early Sahara 1990. First jeep.

Early Sahara 1990. First jeep.
She's a real beauty. I think the best part of the YJ is the factory half doors. They give you the open air feeling of no doors without having to remove them completely.I miss mine but it's a long way from where I'm at now. Needless to say I'm here because of it.
4 cyl - 5 speed, dog slow
View attachment 103037
View attachment 103038
Agree all the way around. Each have things I love so I have one of each (CJ/YJ/TJ). My first Jeep was a 1991 YJ. MY YJ is a run-a-round with a 2.5" RE lift, 31's and half doors.She's a real beauty. I think the best part of the YJ is the factory half doors. They give you the open air feeling of no doors without having to remove them completely.
And I have nothing against the YJ. I just love the CJ design much more. I also loved the TJ I had and it's coil spring suspension. They're all awesome.

Just an FYI the LJ didn’t have the Rubicon model in 2004 making the 05-06 even rarer.To answer the question is a YJ collectable? NO!
They simply made too many of them.
They will always be worth something, but not really collectable.
If you want collectable you need to look at 964 Porsches, 996 Turbo & GT Porsches, 05/06 Ford GT's... you get the idea
Collectability is a numbers game and you need 1. provenance, 2. engineering, 3. sporting achievement and 4. limited production-- YJ's are not the right vehicle for this.
Actually the closest you will find in the Jeep world is perhaps a the 04-06 LJ Rubicon's -- but it better be low miles and not too far from stock and even then It may never hit a re-sale value that really matters
Then explain the VW Vanagon Westfalia?If you want collectable you need to look at 964 Porsches, 996 Turbo & GT Porsches, 05/06 Ford GT's... you get the idea
Collectability is a numbers game and you need 1. provenance, 2. engineering, 3. sporting achievement and 4. limited production--
LJ Rubicon are selling(or at least be listed) for crazy money of stock/mostly stock and clean with low miles. Tough to find a good deal on 1 anymore unless somebody is selling and doesn't do their homework as to the current market value.Just an FYI the LJ didn’t have the Rubicon model in 2004 making the 05-06 even rarer.
Collectability is a numbers game and you need 1. provenance, 2. engineering, 3. sporting achievement and 4. limited production-- YJ's are not the right vehicle for this.
X2This is only true if your view of collectibility is Hemi Cudas, Tuckers, Bugatti, etc…
There are plenty of collectible vehicles that are not sporting, and not limited production. Also, collectible does not mean it has to be 7 figures, you could have a nice 4 figure investment turn into 5 figures, and some would consider that a collectible vehicle. It is all a point of perspective. What I like, I collect, what you like, you collect. There are plenty of people that grew up with YJs and they dream of owning one to relive their youth.
Now on the other hand, who the *heck pays to brighten up a Cadillac Eldorado? I think it holds a certain sentimental value.