• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

13 scramblers coming to market??

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
Found a thread for transport of a 'fleet' of 13 Scramblers to Reno, Nevada, as well as this follow-up posting on Craigslist... "Presentable" Yikes!

http://tucson.craigslist.org/lab/2714245120.html

**" Contract Job for restoration paint body work on 13 CJ8 Jeep Scramblers (Tucson)

Date: 2011-11-30, 11:38AM MST
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am looking for a skilled autobody repair technician or an automotive frame repair techician or a technician that does both frame and body work. Must be skilled and experienced.

This is a contract job for repairs, restoration, painting, and other work required to get a fleet of about 13 1980's CJ8 Jeep Scramblers looking presentable for resale. Contractor will be responsible for all their own equipment. We do not require a full restoration.

If you require more information in order to make a bid on this job please give me a call.

We require a diligent and efficient worker who can work well under deadlines. " **

WillyT

Scramblered
City
chicagoish
State
IL
attachment.php

Bushmaster6

Legacy Registered User
City
the Springs
State
CO
I'm getting close to my military retirement... this sounds like a fun second career start point ;)

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
After hiring someone to do all the work (which sounds like a lot of frame and body work) the price is gonna be astronomical to make any money on them!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Thats is the most interesting, scratch your head, CL post ever....for us Scrambler peeps anyway! :cool:

Hey if these 8s are from Tucson or anywhere down there in the SW then I would hope they are at least without any major rust not requiring what this guy is asking for....?

Someone please call that guy and report back ;)

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
I missed the original transport request, so have no idea where they came from. But there was one. You can see the remnant here....

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Interesting...makes it sound like a company that had a fleet of CJ8's that they were selling off and this guy bought them all?? Why would a guy buy them all with no way to transport them and no skills/tools to work on them? Strange.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I just keep hearing "more money than brains" on this one in my head.
I agree, why would you buy 13 Scramblers with no way to move/work on them.
That is where the $$$ part comes in.

However, it could be a collection he inherited and now has to sell it off... not sure.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

cb

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Maybe they're makin' a movie!! (explains large qty and the fact that "full restoration" isn't required)

WillyT

Scramblered
City
chicagoish
State
IL
Maybe they're makin' a movie!! (explains large qty and the fact that "full restoration" isn't required)

That would worry me. Repairing vehicles just enough to be in a movie usually means they're going to destroy them.

scrambler228

Legacy Registered User
City
council bluffs
State
ia
13 jeep scramblers

Hi could also be a group of scramblers from a state or fed park,,, a number of years ago when the wife and i were out west we came into a park while on vac and the rangers were all driving cj8 scrambler .....

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
That would worry me. Repairing vehicles just enough to be in a movie usually means they're going to destroy them.

I thought the same thing.....:angry:

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Try for more glass half full.

Jeep marketing execs have decided to restore a scram in each model year and trim level with a modern scram conversion copy of the theme for a week long 26 scrambler party to cross the rubicon trail!!

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
It says "for resale", not for use in a movie. Still, the idea of patching, painting and flipping is sad.

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
given the amount of information in the ad there is no way one could make a bid on the work that was in any way reasonable. Is anyone going to followup on this? I am going to try and query him on the transportation job to see if it has to be a one shot all at once deal and from where to where.

Update - I couldnt find the original CL post for the transportation does anyone have it or do you know if the phone number is the same as the original post?

Last edited: