LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Thanks for the tip on the trunk paint!

I had considered painting my rocker trim but the local powder coat shop did such a good job on the tail lamp housings that I think I’ll have them coated to match.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Nice work, Spanks! I've been toying with the idea of painting my rocker moldings as well.
Thanks!!

They came out pretty nice for doing them at home with off the shelf stuff. Maybe a light sand blast to surface them, etching primer and paint, or powder coat, would turn out very nice, too.

I was surprised to see the amount of rock chips/minor pits on the bottom of the rocker trim pieces. Rocks getting thrown from the front tires will chip any finish, though.

Hoover

CJ-8 Member
LIFETIME
City
Livingston
State
AL
Yeah they did! I hadn't considered doing anything to the moldings I sourced- just though I'd give them a good cleaning and then installing with the brushed aluminum exterior. However, given how nice yours turned out, I'm definitely going to look into doing that on my set. And as a bonus, you've also demonstrated just how much more versatility that hitch haul of mine has in it. And to think all I've been doing with mine is hauling coolers and firewood :thumbsup:

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Thanks for the tip on the trunk paint!

I had considered painting my rocker trim but the local powder coat shop did such a good job on the tail lamp housings that I think I’ll have them coated to match.
I am sure the powder coat will turn out awesome :thumbsup:

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Yeah they did! I hadn't considered doing anything to the moldings I sourced- just though I'd give them a good cleaning and then installing with the brushed aluminum exterior. However, given how nice yours turned out, I'm definitely going to look into doing that on my set. And as a bonus, you've also demonstrated just how much more versatility that hitch haul of mine has in it. And to think all I've been doing with mine is hauling coolers and firewood :thumbsup:
Yep, the good old hitch hauler is like a Swiss Army knife LOL :cheers:

I was trying to figure out a good way to hold all this stuff for painting, Hitch Haul sits outside next to my "paint booth", put two and two together, worked great. 👍

As a bonus, all the primer/paint over spray covers up/protects it from rusting :rotfl: