Been a while since we had a Beer thread...

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I’m in Idaho and tried a couple local beers I’d never seen.

BB6EBAE7-0B64-4E12-8AD1-A565678DAA48.jpeg
This one is between a red and an IPA. Very smooth and drinkable. Not over the top in any way.

E65F4F6F-7E23-4292-BA7A-F4B3113F7E08.jpeg
Solid evergreen hop flavor that I really liked. I think the brewery is supporting a group that looks like it might be anti-ORV but otherwise I really like this.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
A special treat this evening. Real nice hoppy dipa and very citrusy. (y) View attachment 71390
I like this one much better, but I never understood all the hype around their M-43 IPA. I thought it was decent, but pretty unremarkable and I never thought the price was justified at all. People were kind of rabid around here about it for a good while.

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
We did a flight of Old Nation at a tap take over when M43 went big. Of the 5 different beers, they all tasted way too close profile wise for me.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Friend gave me this knowing my fondness for bourbon barrel beers and imperial stout. I was expecting more flavor and a bigger beer, but it’s a great imperial stout and very full bodied. Some nice cocoa and the bourbon is very subtle. Totally drinkable and I really enjoyed it.

2FD214BF-8E9E-4C31-B13A-E7431F6D970B.jpeg

03DDC76C-0AA3-455E-84AF-9CCE5C1DC164.jpeg

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Enjoying an Adroit Theory Belgian Stout

Rookie move - it was laying down in my fridge because it was too tall. Opened it up (in the garage) and the foam was coming up. So what did I do, put my mouth over the top. Well my mouth filled up with tasty foam to the point I coughed. With my mouth shut. So foam shot out of my nose all over the garage door. Sigh. Fun times. I had to share with the world.

3D0A54AE-12B4-4107-A732-30C15B26C894.jpeg

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I had the honor of joining the creator of this very thread for some great beers and food yesterday in Bend, Oregon. The IPA flight was an incredible deal at $8 for the rack. Far right was a triple at 11.2%. Thanks Randyzzz for being my tour guide and all the hospitality. 🍻

View attachment 71984
Eric, any time you want to come back out, the guest room is waiting! Next time I’ll have a “Brewery Itinerary “ thought out!