Been a while since we had a Beer thread...

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Visited Fiddlehead brewing and the Alchemist in VT in between VT Teddy Bear and Ben and Jerrys... it was quite the eventful day.
Samplings of many doubles and brought back a bunch of beers... not sure my wallet can handle many Saturdays like that, but it was fun.

cb

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
That's what I was thinking. I didn't even know they made that. Must be very limited. I bet it was nice.
Double two hearted was released local on the Friday before Labor Day and sold out pretty much that day. 6 pack ran about $20. It is a very well done double, same style kick of hop slam with much less harsh hop punch on the tongue. Two of them was perfect last night.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Double two hearted was released local on the Friday before Labor Day and sold out pretty much that day. 6 pack ran about $20. It is a very well done double, same style kick of hop slam with much less harsh hop punch on the tongue. Two of them was perfect last night.
I'm Jealous. And I love their Hopslam.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
We just came back from an awesome trip through the upper peninsula of Michigan, then down through Petoskey and Charlevoix. I just counted up that we hit 9 microbreweries. 😁 Man, we had some good beer. My wife likes the IPA's like myself. I thought I'd throw out a few standout breweries in our opinion, keeping in mind we only drank IPA's.

Top 3: OreDock in Marquette. They had a session, a Rye, a N.England, and your standard IPA. And they were all excellent. Could have sat there all night.
Petoskey brewing in Petosky. We go there on occasion and their IPA's are always awesome. They had brewed a couple limited doubles that were fantastic. SO good!
Bier Inwood Brewery about 6 miles south of Charlevoix. We've also been there a couple times previously. Their IPA's were mmmm. They had brewed 2 dipa's as well, one being pumpkin. They were both awesome. This place is really cool with live music some nights and just a nice relaxed atmosphere.

And 1 last shout out to Blackrock in Marquette. Good beer, but a super cool atmosphere. Live music, food truck, fire pit, outdoor games, they had it all. You could easily spend a couple hours there with friends.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend a brew tour to the northern part of the state. Other good breweries around too. I just mentioned the ones that stood out for us more than the others. Cheers!:cheers:

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Those sound like some great places to stop. I think when the boy is older I would like to take the trailer for a two week tour through the U.P. In the summer and hit some breweries. Great idea!!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Last night was a crazy night. I made a house call to work on a laredo in NJ and was handed a heady topper from VT. This beer is elusive as Revho and CB will tell ya. This is only the second one I have had in my life as I recall.

And I drove Jambo number 751 about 45 miles there (and safely back) after only 1 heady topper. 🍻

11152519-77C2-4B65-AED2-50E9CAEEDE09.jpeg

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Last night was a crazy night. I made a house call to work on a laredo in NJ and was handed a heady topper from VT. This beer is elusive as Revho and CB will tell ya. This is only the second one I have had in my life as I recall.

And I drove Jambo number 751 about 45 miles there (and safely back) after only 1 heady topper. 🍻

View attachment 76116
Super jealous!!! Glad you got to savor the flavor.