• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Been a while since we had a Beer thread...

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Damn! I wish Missouri had as many micro brews! We have a few but this is Budwiser country around here.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Do not drink Budweiser. InBev, the foreign conglomerate that bought them (and a #&$%load of other beer brands) is an anti-small business/microbrew monstrosity that's trying to take over the beer market by buying up and using hard-fought brand equity to make money after switching out recipes for macro-brew crap AND strong-arming distributors that try to sell other brands by threatening to pull their business.

People who aren't aware keep buying "American" Budweiser (and too many others) not realizing that they're supporting this garbage.

Brands now owned (and ruined):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InBev_brands

GREAT article on the BS they're pulling in the name of profits:
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-25/the-plot-to-destroy-americas-beer

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I agree BW! I no longer drink Bud products. It is a shame too since I used to see Augie Busch down at the Lake of the Ozarks and he was a cool guy (big partier!). Was sad to see a family owned, American company get sold off.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Do not drink Budweiser. InBev, the foreign conglomerate that bought them (and a #&$%load of other beer brands) is an anti-small business/microbrew monstrosity that's trying to take over the beer market by buying up and using hard-fought brand equity to make money after switching out recipes for macro-brew crap AND strong-arming distributors that try to sell other brands by threatening to pull their business.

People who aren't aware keep buying "American" Budweiser (and too many others) not realizing that they're supporting this garbage.

Brands now owned (and ruined):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InBev_brands

GREAT article on the BS they're pulling in the name of profits:
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-25/the-plot-to-destroy-americas-beer

Bastards! I knew it was bad, but not that bad. :evil:Glad I've been a microbrew guy for years now...:cheers:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
A bit of a celebration tonight, today my wife and I found out we are having a little girl! Our due date is May 18th. Trying a new beer!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358985002.169735.jpg

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Awesome news and awesome choice! Moose Drool is my favorite, lucky for me my SO's family is from Missoula :)

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
A bit of a celebration tonight, today my wife and I found out we are having a little girl! Our due date is May 18th. Trying a new beer!

Congratulations! :woohoo::cheers:

Powder Hound- That's some good stuff!

Awesome news and awesome choice! Moose Drool is my favorite, lucky for me my SO's family is from Missoula :)

Agree on the Moose Drool... it's in my top ten (or is that twenty...):cheers:

onesourcemike

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
My beer of choice! :cheers:
Sometimes hard to find here in NC!

Attachments

• cold beer.jpg
    cold beer.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 157

Bryanf

Legacy Registered User
City
Clarkesville
State
GA
Today I made a little road trip to Bryson City, NC to visit the Nantahala Brewing Company. This brewery is about 20 minutes from the Cherokee Indian Reservation in Cherokee, NC. The "Sticky Dog Porter" was my favorite and their IPA was also good. Heck, they were all good. They had 10 varieties today.

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

Sticky Dog Porter
IMG_0050.JPG

Half Noon IPA and Porter
IMG_0051.JPG

Chicken Wings and Brew
IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

And, They had my AU flag flying... Brew, Chicken Wings and AU... Doesn't get much better.
IMG_0057.JPG

I also liked their t-shirt backs.
IMG_0053.JPG

Bryanf

Legacy Registered User
City
Clarkesville
State
GA
Boatswain Chocolate Stout - Rhinelander Brewing Company - Monroe, WI

I found this in Athens, GA at Trader Joe's. Anyone from WI ever had it? Not a bad Chocolate Stout.

Beer1.JPG

Beer2.JPG

Beer3.JPG

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Boatswain Chocolate Stout - Rhinelander Brewing Company - Monroe, WI

I found this in Athens, GA at Trader Joe's. Anyone from WI ever had it? Not a bad Chocolate Stout.

Had that a couple weeks ago at Trader Joes...good stuff!

Doryman's Dark and chili at Pelican Brewing, Pacific City, Oregon Coast. A couple weeks back...
2013-02-09_13-48-14_590 rs.jpg

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
And some Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout last weekend in the kitchen...gotta love the exotic location!

005rs.jpg

Bushmaster6

Legacy Registered User
City
the Springs
State
CO
tried this last night (I was holding out for it all week so I was really looking forward to Friday night)...

belgian_zpsa73046c4-1.jpg

St. Bernardus Brewing (Belgium) Abt 12 Ale. 10% ABV.

A little strong (malty) for my tastes, and a little strong (alcohol wise), almost a burning sensation with the aftertast.

Perhaps an acquired taste: it scorred 100/100 in Beer Advocate... ?

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Double crooked Tree IPA by Dark Horse Brewery. Very hoppy. 12% alch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 123

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Annnnnnnd the release of local legend from Founders Brewery on April first, Kentucky Breakfast Stout or KBS. This is a highly acclaimed small batch bourbon barrel aged for a year, with a yearly release. This is a extremely sought after local brew that you have to be here when the truck shows up at the store or be on a waiting list for a single bottle up to a four pack depending on how many cases are allotted to the store. I ended up with 22 bottles this year, of which my brother wants two. Here is my first of the year. It scores a 100 out of 100 on beer advocate.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/19960

It pours thick and black, has a brown head that clears and leaves oily on the glass. Creamy, strong tones of coffee, dark chocolate, and slight bourbon. 11.2%ABV. Truly world class.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg