• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Cj-8 Hot Wheels and Matchbox

I have been to all the stores near me and they dont have them yet. They told me the midwest gets them first them they get here. They are not a special production so they should be available everywhere soon.

Karl
 
Not in this part of the midwest yet.... getting the ones in stores off of ebay is just wrong. I'm all about the hunt.
 
Just got back. No scramblers out here either yet.
 
I haven't seen the new Scrambler, but for those that enjoy Cherokees, be sure to check out the Johnny Lightning pegs. JL just released a real nice, silver Cherokee. It is lifted with big tires under it, a roof rack w/spare and a snorkel.
 
Checked target, toys r us, and walmart here in Phoenix and came up empty.
 
The Thrill of Victory!

Hi Gang,

As luck would have it, I stopped by K-Mart to get a small pool for our chickens (scheduled to be 111 today). While I was there, I checked their Hot Wheel selection and found two Scramblers, but they weren't the ones I was expecting to find... and for some reason, they weren't the typical .99; they were $2.69

Here's a shot of today's find:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1549.jpg
    IMG_1549.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1550.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 252
Yeah, those are the "special edition" Hot Ones Scramblers. there's another version of that same one with red lettering on the tires that I think was a Wal-Mart or Target exclusive.
 
I have extras of the white, blue, and copper colored scramblers below. I'd be willing to trade for colors I don't have if anyone is like me and has spares :)

IMG_1551.jpg
 
I have extras of the white, blue, and copper colored scramblers below. I'd be willing to trade for colors I don't have if anyone is like me and has spares :)

View attachment 27234

I bought a case of the copper ones in the photo above when they first came out. I have given them to a ton of Jeep buddies as gifts, and think I have about 4 left. It's a nice keepsake. I should look for some of the black ones you posted further up.

Craig
 
Just got a brown one, a black one, and a blue one.. . Too bad they don't make a ready to build model kit... I plan on getting a resin kit when they are available, but would love to have several at regular retail. The resin kiss are going to be understandably expensive.
 
I.....uhh.......cheated. After searching in the stores for the last couple months and not wanting to miss out, someone had 9 up on fleabay for $.99 a piece buy it now. Couldn't pass them up.

I will keep looking in the stores as well.

IMG_57981.jpg
 
I found ONE at Toys R Us last week. Nothing at the Meijers or Target nearest to me. What pissed me off was both the Toys R Us and Meijer had a TON of the other Thrill Racers models. :banghead:
 
I picked up two of the Thrill Racer Scramblers last weekend. I must admit, it is my least favorite.
I think I mentioned earlier that Johnny Lightning released a nice Cherokee with snorkel and roof rack. Well, they just released a white one without the snorkel and roof rack. Very, very cool.
 
Supposedly Johnny Lightening has a November release planned of a FSJ!
 
The yellow ones have hit a few of the Walmarts in SE WI now. I picked up about a half dozen or so.
 
welcome to the three newest members of the fleet. Two loosies and one new with a pretty mint card. The two loosies are flawless in paint, wheels, and track straight when rolling them. All three from fleabay were had for less than $20.00 total.

new scramblers.jpg
 
Found 6 of the yellow/tiger stripe ones at Fred Meyer...

The local WalMarts are EVIL!:evil: They dump a hundred or so in a big 4" square bin. Searched each bin for at least 15 minutes...no joy.:shrug:

Some kids thought I was crazy...:crazy:
 
Back
Top