• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Cj-8 Hot Wheels and Matchbox

Just bought two of those JKs and two of the flatfenders yesterday.

Matchbox also has an XJ in another multi-pack that's out now.
 
I saw some Willys Matchboxes I had never seen before on eBay and I just saw some 2015 Jeeps that are out from Hot Wheels... I have to take a trip to the store and see what is what!

cb
 
2015 jungle rally hunt CJ-7

6d3560b578412cd1c8969a150a211dcb-1.jpg
 
I heard that Matchbox is going to stop production soon. Sad, another childhood memory tossed to the wayside. :(
 
I heard that Matchbox is going to stop production soon. Sad, another childhood memory tossed to the wayside. :(
Hmmm, I hadn't heard that yet. I know Mattel own Matchbox as well as Hotwheels. Matchbox has never been as popular since Hotwheels hit the shelves in the '60's. I thought Matchbox was going to be more "realistic" vehicles and Hotwheels were going to more of the "fantasy" ones but maybe not.
 
I just got a new display case setup finally, been meaning to do it.

IMG_7611.jpg

Picture was taken right under the ceiling cannister light, so it messed up a bit, but I have a lot more room.

Speaking of which, I have 6 reds and 5 blacks if anyone has extra of others and want to trade.

RED
IMG_7613.jpg

BLACK
IMG_7614.jpg

I would prefer hot wheels of Jeeps, AMC, Dodge or VW bugs/bajas, stuff like that, but I am open to whatever.

cb
 
On shutting down production, I have noticed that HotWheels have moved off of the aisle endcaps into considerably smaller slots way down the aisle and dropped a lot of their additional signage across the board at the stores I visit.

In retail toys, endcaps (the small racks at the end of the aisles that face the main walkway), total shelf footage and good aisle placement are EVERYTHING, so it was a very big deal to see them move way back to where they are now.

I pray that rumor isn't true, but if I had to say, I'd rather see the more realistic versions move to Matchbox and cut out all those goofy fantasy/animal cars. I never cared for any of those anyway. Matchbox look much better IMHO. I just hope they bring more Jeeps over if they do kill HotWheels.

Still would be incredibly sad though.

Suppose our collections instantly gain some value though if it happens :shrug:
 
I have noticed that HW'S have moved off end caps as well. They have a significantly smaller spot in the asiles too. The rumor I heard was they were killing Matchbox, not HW's. Either way, I'm with you, I never liked the "fantasy" vehicles, I only ever picked up the realistic ones. I just found a really nice Matchbox FJ40 at O'Reilly Autoparts yesterday.
 
Looks like I need to make a trip to the toy stores. :bacon: :wave:
 
Would hate to dust that thing off. It needs some glass panels.

Sent from my SM-N910P
 
Back
Top