• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Current Scrambler pics

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Dartmouth, Mass today following me. Very cool.

Attachments

• 20210720_181500.jpg
    20210720_181500.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 44

Olin

Basic User
City
Williston
State
ND
Thank you very much! It has indeed been hiding. Bought it in 1997 to tour the Americas. I had this (mistaken) idea that there should be CJs laying all over Central and South America if I needed parts or repair expertise. The long wheelbase CJ-8 would be more comfortable AND with a bit of ingenuity, could sleep two comfortably. Fly-N-Hi in Phoenix helped with 4x4 bits and a fabrication shop that did prototypes for Detroit concepts did the roll bar (to which the roof rack is mounted through the top to support weight), rack, fold down bed and more. The ONE thing I didn't touch was the engine - which was unfortunate as it started causing trouble two weeks into the year-long trip! By the time we were crossing the Amazon basin it guzzled a quart of oil a day! I rebuilt the top end it in Sao Paulo, Brazil (thank you SP Progress for use of the shop!) and that got us to the end. At the end of the trip early in 1999 the Jeep was put in a container, shipped to L.A. and driven to Minnesota where it sat in storage until 2019. Will post some Pan American highway pics when I scan the slides...one of these days.Jeep Front Angle.jpg

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I think 3 is considered a pack or herd or something along that line. Fleet :shrug: