• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Current Scrambler pics

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
Took it wheeling this weekend and the club sponsoring the ride took this pic of me in the line staging area
View attachment 105405

And yes, it currently has a black hood and black tailgate.
I need to find a pic of my 76 CJ7 I built about 20 years ago. All that was left was to paint and I was going through a divorce so I said what the hell I’ll just rock it like it is until i had time for paint. It was black, primer gray, and primer yellow/green.

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
Just received the Warn front bumper I ordered in February! They can't get enough American steel, so they are pretty delayed. It attaches with the four standard frame mounting holes. I added a second bolt on the top of each rail and linked them under the rail using 1/4" steel. Should be nice and strong now.

Now I need to get the winch mounting plate and hoop on. Need to modify the plate because I have the frame reinforcing plates on that make it wider between the frame rails.

And I need to update my build page with the progress. It will be on the road in the next two weeks. Need to install the windshield frame and hood and then get a smog check.

1665425954013.png

RockTractor

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Just received the Warn front bumper I ordered in February! They can't get enough American steel, so they are pretty delayed. It attaches with the four standard frame mounting holes. I added a second bolt on the top of each rail and linked them under the rail using 1/4" steel. Should be nice and strong now.

Now I need to get the winch mounting plate and hoop on. Need to modify the plate because I have the frame reinforcing plates on that make it wider between the frame rails.

And I need to update my build page with the progress. It will be on the road in the next two weeks. Need to install the windshield frame and hood and then get a smog check.

View attachment 105969
Looks great - love that blue!

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
What's the 411 on those fender flares?
Yes, as PetesCk-8 said, they are TJ flares.

My body guy reshaped the factory fenders, which were smashed by rocks, to follow the TJ flare lines. He did a great job.

We also trimmed back the rear section of the front fenders at the lower side. The TJ flares let you open that up some. And the rears were trimmed at the back edge where I used to rub at full flex.

My new springs will settle 1-2 inches once I start using it. I can clear 37's but I don't think I would fit in my garage with the soft top on. I will find out later and if it wil fit, I will probably swap to 37's.

1665810964656.png

1665811018847.png

This was the starting point. Hits on the Rubicon and Moab made a lasting impression:

1665811204585.png

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Awhile back I traded for this left over tub and frame. I had some time so I made this repair panel for this side. I have nearly enough left over parts from before to put something together. I'm a sucker for saving these old Scramblers. I guess this one will be my LeftOverland.

Attachments

• IMG_0003 (28).JPG
    IMG_0003 (28).JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 20