Further off topic: Lets see your four legged kids!!

City
Maryville
State
TN
our 2 brats

Here are our two dogs
Ginger is yellow lab mix 10 now.
Chase is a red tri Australian Shepard now 6
Both are rescue dogs. Ginger came from a family friend that has 2 special needs kids & one more so just could not take care of her. She was dog agressive. Chase had a nasty habit of coming behind visitors & biting them. The original owner was going to put him down but the vet talked them into giving him to Aussie rescue. He blew his rear leg ACL and we met him a week after surgury. He lives life fast. Both dogs get along great. Ginger is not dog aggressive unless provoked by another dog and Chase rarely goes after people now so this is a good thing. The 2 legged kids are out of the house so these are our kids now. :drool::drool:

City
Louisville
State
KY
A few of mine

KEEP AWAY FROM THE JEEP ! Or Foxy our 9 lb Pomeranian will tear your head off. :rotfl:

We bought her for my Wife 9 years ago, but I have to admit. I haven't ever had a better dog...she will put a smile on your face every time you see her.

I'd have to agree with you on this one :) I inherited a Pomeranian/terrier mix from my ex and she has been a great little dog!

I've also fostered several greyhounds, here are a few of them:

Last edited:

SCJeeper

Legacy Registered User
City
Pickens
State
SC
Here is my boy Hugo. I adopted him from the Humane Society. I named him after the hurricane becasue he was large and distructive. Apparently someone had him as a house dog and he developed a drooling problem so they got rid of him. He was fully trained just too messy to keep in the house with all the drool but since i was not looking for a house dog he is perfect for us. I got him about 8 years ago now and the vet says that he is probably over ten but he is still going strong. He is a huge block head chocolate lab weighing in at 120 lbs.
8404815497_02b85e985e_b.jpg
8404817463_339be39770_b.jpg
8405912990_1fb8b1f7be_b.jpg
7949741282_e1568a8f67_b.jpg

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Spotty, an Australian Shepherd mix my sister in law found on the side of the road that's dumb as a freaking brick and more like a cat than a dog, on a ride in the Scrambler with his insane floppy ears going flying nun:

RIP "little" Spotty dog.

We had to put Spotty down today, he got ill on Saturday and took a bad turn for the worse this morning. Got an ultrasound of his abdomen today and found out he had a bad gall bladder that was causing liver failure as well as an unrelated kidney disease that was made worse by the rest of it. Kate and I were there for him at the end. Not fun telling Laura tonight, Spotty's been there since she was first around and she keeps saying she wants him back.

Our other dog has never been an only dog since we rescued her, can tell she's out of sorts too.

Y'all give yours a pet and a hug.

VONMAN

Legacy Registered User
City
Commerce
State
MI
Eric - So sorry about Spotty.

My dog is the sole reason a got a full top - she didn't like the half cab front seat. Sometimes I laugh at the lengths I go to for my dog.

Here is Gretchen in the Scrambler enjoying her "playpen" in the back. She is harnessed to the floor with a full body harness made by "buckle up pup".

Attachments

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Eric, I am very sorry to hear this. We have been through this a few times recently. The latest was this past year when we had to put our Weim down. He was very close to my wife (as she was with him). It was very difficult. He was too young.

And I know what you mean about the other dog(s) being out of sorts. They have a hard time as well.

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
slatington
State
pa
Eric- I'm so sorry to hear this- my heart goes out to you and your family.
Xs two on this. Its hard to lose a member of your family and thats what a dog becomes. Mines been around since my girls were 2 and 4. I dread the day...

53D Scrambler

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Hampstead
State
NC
BW, our family's hearts go out to you guys. I absolutely fear the day our 9yo Pomeranian has to leave us. She has been there from the begining of our marriage, I know my wife will be a wreck.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Thanks folks. Kate was very close with Spotty, but he was always sort of off doing his own thing and mostly slept. He also had started in with some bad arthritis in his hips to the point where he was starting to have issues with stairs.

Our other dog is actually older by a couple years and is attached to me at the knee, so to speak. Don't want to think about when it's her time, but she still gets around incredibly well and can keep up with much younger dogs.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
BW, I really feel for you and your family! We had to put our little Sally down this last summer. I still miss her greatly. Wo got her from a homeless couple that could no longer care for her and were trying to give her away in front of a Wal-Mart. She was in rough looking condition but my wife could not refuse. We didn't have her for very long as she was already pretty old but she was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever known and we are comforted by the fact that we gave her a very good end. They are family.

The three of us (Uno, me and Sally) taking a nap together last summer:
Sally and Uno sleeping on Josh.JPG

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Eric, sorry for y'alls loss.
It's a tough thing to have to do, but as our best friends, we owe it to them when they are suffering.
Been there, done that, sad, sad day.
Rescue another.

Here's our second rescue (On the left).
Belle, as in "stinker-belle".
Say it out loud, you'll get it.

Some of y'all met her at the Clayton, OK National a few years back.
She's sitting next to James (our only two legged hooligan).

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Hey Eric- for your older doggie- if you already haven't tried a glucosamine supplement- do it. It's amazing how much it helps, with arthritis and stiffness.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Hey Eric- for your older doggie- if you already haven't tried a glucosamine supplement- do it. It's amazing how much it helps, with arthritis and stiffness.
Already on it, but she's the one that always got around fine so it's just preventative I guess, Spotty was the one with the real joint issues and the supplement did seem to help.

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
009.JPG
Here are my 2 other kids, one on left is fiest/border collie mix and sharp as a tack and is an escape artist, the one on the right is jack russel/border collie mix and lets just say she is mentally challenged, hard headed as they come.

theson24

Legacy Registered User
City
Niskayuna
State
NY
Here a picture of our first born, Samson. He is a rescue that we adopted in Jan, 2006. He was ~ 6 months old when we got him. According to the vet, he is part chesapeake bay retriever and part pitbull. He's spoiled, but he deserves it because he is amazing with our 1 year old daughter.

And Eric, sorry to hear about your loss, but I am firm believer that they pass away just so we can adopt, love, and spoil another.

IMAG0032.jpg

Last edited: