• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gazzo's Down-under CJ thread

Thanks folks. Nice words, means a lot coming from this crowd :wave:
 
So sitting with the family having dinner and the strumming guitar of a Jeep ad comes on the telly, my ten year old looks across and sees the new little Renegade and says, as innocently as any 10yo would, "That Jeep just doesn't look right"
Priceless!
 
My two daughters make fun of JK's. It's pretty classic when other people hear them do it.
 
When he went camping with me in the OL a few years ago (yeah it's been that long) it was pretty much the first time he'd ridden with the doors on. He was fiddling around and staring at the door as we hit the freeway. When asked "what's up?" He replied "how do I make the window go up?" Babes!
Our job as Senior Jeepers is to ensure youth coming through don't go through life thinking Chrysliats are Jeeps. :)
 
Not been much action on the lorry until recently. Just been chipping away taking baby steps. All instruments are working, lights, LEDs front and back don't flash though. I think I need resistors in all of them. Worked out a head liner which I think is okImageUploadedByTapatalk1463044644.918071.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1463044662.686421.jpgplywood bows then MDF stuck up there with PU then proper liner material stuck to thatImageUploadedByTapatalk1463044717.489545.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1463044729.091261.jpg
Flaps and running boards are thereImageUploadedByTapatalk1463044757.461591.jpgalong with new beltsImageUploadedByTapatalk1463044787.460157.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1463044801.030428.jpg
Still need the struts powder coated black and installed.
Yesterday I replaced the water pump which had started bleeding so now that's good. Ordered my plates today which I hope turn out nice. They are white letters on OD.
I reckon I'm about ready to get this pig across the pits and get registered.
By the way I have a jumpy clutch, what's up with that?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463045066.965233.jpg
Man I love this thing, it went and got esky-loads of charisma all on its own.
 
Looks incredible. Really love the color and the stance. Great job on that headliner too.
 
Dear sweet mother of all that's awesome how I love this Jeep...
 
We need to get you some paint pens for those mud flaps!
I like the headliner, looks like it really goes with the whole overall package.

cb
 
Thanks guys. The liner is s bit of an oil painting, you know, the further away you get the better it looks. Same goes for the tray.
 
Awesomesauce Truck and Thread! Cant wait to see it in person! Don't sell it anytime soon ! :cheers:
 
Well done Gazzo that looks amazing, one thing though is it just me or is that motor a dead ringer for an angry bird baddie?

388b3c2568914c46fb3b8abb481e4a64.jpg
 
Just don't look to close at the tray. It's rusty and will stay that way for the foreseeable future. Funding is being directed elsewhere. :(
 
Back
Top