• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gazzo's Down-under CJ thread

So off to the inspection centre I go for my first attempt. Of course I did do a few no-brainers which were a bit embarrassing:
Leaky squirter bottle pump
Fan wire not connected
License plate wires swinging in the breeze
No centre set belt
Tub VIN not matching the chassis VIN
You know, the sort of things everyone forgets.
He even said I needed to have a radio to fill the dangerous hole. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464945864.504030.jpg seen here in a photo of weird different-but-the-same indicator levers.
So I went digging and came up with a brown radio cassette. Took a little massaging of the duct behind and removal of some dash screws but she's in and looks pretty nice in all its brown ness. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464946001.227290.jpg even says JEEP ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464946051.381943.jpg
So now I'm all good for next week and I reckon I'll get it across without much more pain since everything is in place and working.
Didn't mention it before but we found the distributor centrifugal advance stuck in place so we freed that all up and now rather than being stuck at initial I'm getting a full 35-38 all in which of course is AWESOME and makes the 360 behave like something with 8 holes instead up 4
 
Hi Dain
I have reinstalled the correct dash vin and spoke to the pits gods and they said we can do a "plate not found" submission. Man I have turned both shops completely upside down and can't find the main plate.
 
I need to submit a request to the authorities to get a replacement VIN tag for the dash. It is supposedly not an easy process here. I have been meaning to do it for 7 years now. It will only impact me if I go to sell it. Which I don't plan on. But I want to do it. I just want it to the the original VIN and not a new one along with a new title.
 
So I went digging and came up with a brown radio cassette. even says JEEP View attachment 54292

Was that an OEM Jeep radio down there or what? I've never seen a Pioneer branded Jeep radio. I like it.

Like your oil pressure gauge too. I didn't realize ours came with an incorrect for US/ export only oil pressure gauge until I'd bought 2-3 CJ's that all had the US gauge.

dashclose.jpg
 
Pretty cool radio huh. I've thought about using it before but thought it was too deep. Good part is it will prevent the dash rattling.
Oil gauge probably only needs to go to 2.7bar. Doubt it'll ever get near the top :rolleyes:
 
The list is done! Even made a bracket this arvo to keep the filler hoses off the top shockie mount. Blasted a bit more green around the drop sides then went all crazy and laid 3 coats of polyurethane I had laying around onto the steel deck. Came out ok I reckon. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465026846.348508.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1465026858.016965.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1465026874.116945.jpggood enough for a temporary bed at least until I can fund/build a new one
 
Thanks guys. Bit like putting lipstick on a pig though, that trays gotta go, when I win lotto tonight
 
If the tray is going... Saw this at Easter Jeep Safari and it was amazing. Featured it in the magazine. Coolest Jeep I saw at the vendor show. Craigslist find they just finished building.

c1f29afdbfb5a6c59f583794010d8b36-1.jpg
 
Gotta love Gazzo's "I'm not happy with it" while we're all drooling over it.
 
Like me, Will, you wouldn't be drooling over this garbageImageUploadedByTapatalk1465343818.185083.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1465343840.906325.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1465343855.274217.jpg this is why this bed is temporary. The rest of the truck however is pretty good

Thanks for the comments guys.
Attempt number 2 at the pits today.
 
That's sad, welcome to northern Ohio. Unfortunately that's a way of life up here. Beautiful truck though.
 
So I'm still waiting here at the inspection centre 3 hours later whilst "the Department" debates the J10/CJ10/360 thing. Looking around and guess what I seeImageUploadedByTapatalk1465357665.000023.jpg
This this has been here forever and belongs to a customer. Window is down, unlocked but going nowhere. I've expressed my interest so let's see where it takes usImageUploadedByTapatalk1465357859.493932.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1465357877.361529.jpg
 
Babow!!! Fail! Approval declined on FARMTRUK. Kinda figured they'd ping me for the "no 360 in a CJ10 in Australia". Oh well off the the Engineer we go.

What will need is to re-gear my speedo drive. Any of you learned gents know where I need to go for those?
 
Back
Top