• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Giving it a Jolt

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Looking for some info. I need a toggle switch (on/off) that looks like the normal dash switches. I thought about using a head light or fan switch but both would require some modifications. Does anyone know of a simple on/off switch that will accept the stock chrome bezel and knob?
I used a heater switch as locker switches in stock location. https://www.quadratec.com/products/55412_02.htm

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
I’m certain this is how Boeing and NASA bring vehicles parts from different locales together.
Battery box #1 about to get installed.

Attachments

• D5B988DD-FCF3-4006-A313-BA438E4B93D8.jpeg
    D5B988DD-FCF3-4006-A313-BA438E4B93D8.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 33

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Pretty close. There are seats for the people. About the only thing different is money.

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Really cool build… maybe the Cj8 sitting under my carport… @timo439 can this build get the $7500 electric vehicle tax credit?

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
Figured out why it was so tight. I had planned to countersink the cover screws that hit the saddle. I forgot about that… Pulled it, countersunk and a much better fit.

Crawled under to secure it to the saddle from underneath and while there, realized I might hit he front drive shaft on the engine cradle. Probably will just pull the front drive shaft until I can get it on ramps or a lift next year in the new barn/garage.

Getting closer.

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
That's going to be THE only CJ8 on the planet without a valve cover leak or rear main!
Super cool and great progress. Thanks for the updates
Yes but the transfer case still leaks…

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Figured out why it was so tight. I had planned to countersink the cover screws that hit the saddle. I forgot about that… Pulled it, countersunk and a much better fit.

Crawled under to secure it to the saddle from underneath and while there, realized I might hit he front drive shaft on the engine cradle. Probably will just pull the front drive shaft until I can get it on ramps or a lift next year in the new barn/garage.

Getting closer.
Are you building the garage/barn at the current house or are you moving?

cb

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
Current house, either replacing the current shed or attaching to it. Post and beam barn.

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
Well, grille fits, plan worked…

984A56F4-BF0A-44C2-A404-E1F1FA1AFED2.jpegC97BB340-C839-4F81-9FA3-094F6955A067.jpeg

But missed the mark on the radiator outlet. I don’t really need that size, any suggestions on something smaller? Thinking half height. I have plenty of aluminum to create brackets.

404E2D59-B91C-4454-A8C1-93322E8432B2.jpeg

RockTractor

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
But missed the mark on the radiator outlet. I don’t really need that size, any suggestions on something smaller? Thinking half height. I have plenty of aluminum to create brackets.

Not smaller, but would a Chevy conversion radiator work?
They have the inlet on the upper driver side and outlet on the lower passenger side.

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
Not smaller, but would a Chevy conversion radiator work?
They have the inlet on the upper driver side and outlet on the lower passenger side.
Unfortunately it’s tighter on the passenger side. Thanks for the suggestion.

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
Just because I’m lazy, anyone have a .CAD file for the cowl cover? I need a solid one and was thinking of cutting it out of some 1/4” Aluminum I have.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Unfortunately it’s tighter on the passenger side. Thanks for the suggestion.
How about using a heater core? Some might be sized to work.

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
While I have the headlight out to create clearance for the shorter but deeper radiator, any suggestions on low depth LED replacements? Dumped enough into this project, what’s a couple hundred more??

287E9AF2-078B-41F0-85A1-ADF6D7FC14A0.jpeg