• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gladiator

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
A 3"-4" lift and 37's will make it look a lot better to me...

Absolutely. Exactly how 33-35s look right on an LJ/TJ. I just saw this last week and loved the tire/lift combo. Nail a Gladiator like that and it’s going to look sick.

56B84A64-7CBB-4A12-9ECA-F7E1D2569C92.jpeg

This one at the Detroit auto show had 35s and looked like it just needed a bit more tire to me. 37s would have been about perfect.

86A596DF-A7F3-458A-B6FD-A60EA762E210.jpeg

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
Absolutely. Exactly how 33-35s look right on an LJ/TJ. I just saw this last week and loved the tire/lift combo. Nail a Gladiator like that and it’s going to look sick.

This one at the Detroit auto show had 35s and looked like it just needed a bit more tire to me. 37s would have been about perfect.
Love that TJ.

And that Gladiator does look better. Personally, I'm not a fan of tubular doors or body color flares but that is all stuff that you can choose.

And if you're going to wheel tight trails with a JL or JT, you better save some money for extra taillights. Those things stick out in a really vulnerable way on the corners. With all of the sensors, they are probably pretty expensive...

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Tube doors looked good to me in person but half doors would be better.

Very interested to see what the aftermarket does with flares for these, particularly with the way the rear ones come across the bed/cab gap and there looks to be a lot of dead space above the stock flares in the rear from what I could see. I crawled under it as best I could manage on the carpet with my phone flashlight. Surprised someone didn’t get on my case about it.

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
Now we are cooking with peanut oil, but Quardatec has played April Fools jokes before.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Yep, bottom of article says"April's Fool" :(

:rotfl: If they hadn't added that, this would have been pretty epic. (Yes, I read it before I posted here and knew)

As it is, it's proving how moronic and ADHD social media users are -- getting shares all over based on the headline and photo alone. It will likely live on for a solid year or so. :rolleyes:

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
I got an email from Jeep this morning inviting me to order the Launch Edition on April 3, a day before what is supposed to be the only day on which they will accept orders for that edition of 4190 vehicles. At $62,310, I'll pass...though you also get a chance to win $100,000. Pricing for options is now up on Jeep's website. The options pricing would not show on my computer, but did on an iPad. The Rubicon I plan to order comes in at $55,100 MSRP.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I got an email from Jeep this morning inviting me to order the Launch Edition on April 3, a day before what is supposed to be the only day on which they will accept orders for that edition of 4190 vehicles. At $62,310, I'll pass...though you also get a chance to win $100,000. Pricing for options is now up on Jeep's website. The options pricing would not show on my computer, but did on an iPad. The Rubicon I plan to order comes in at $55,100 MSRP.

I heard that pricing was now on their configurator. I will go see what it will cost me. I want the max towing, but my wife went and messed with my head saying "why not just get the Rubicon at that pricing?" Let's see after I "build one. And yes, a loaded $62K price tag is too much for me to swallow.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Well, I priced out a base Rubi 6 speed (with just the things I want, and compared it to a Sport S with the things I want (basically Max Towing - adds Auto) and they are the same price. WIth a Rubi, I hear that the tow rating is 7,000. I wonder if I need the auto to get that rating, like on the Sport S. I assume so. Therefore the price of the Rubi will go up. SO I need to determine if I really need that extra 650 pounds of towing capacity.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Well, I priced out a base Rubi 6 speed (with just the things I want, and compared it to a Sport S with the things I want (basically Max Towing - adds Auto) and they are the same price. WIth a Rubi, I hear that the tow rating is 7,000. I wonder if I need the auto to get that rating, like on the Sport S. I assume so. Therefore the price of the Rubi will go up. SO I need to determine if I really need that extra 650 pounds of towing capacity.
Have you seen this?
towing.JPG
I believe the Rubicon tow rating is lower due to the 33" tires vs. the 32" on the "max trailer tow group" package.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Have you seen this?
View attachment 71372
I believe the Rubicon tow rating is lower due to the 33" tires vs. the 32" on the "max trailer tow group" package.

Thanks. That answered a question I had regarding the towing capacity of the manual Rubi. That sucks so Auto it is. But I don't see what the difference is in the bottom two sports. I assume the lower one is the Sport with the Max Towing package. Maybe I missed where it said that.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
I just priced mine out with realistic options for the S model and it came out to $45,000 I am actually surprised that is wasn't higher priced.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I have to eat my words, I was sure the price was going to be 5-7k higher across the board. Really excited to get to check out whatever concepts Jeep brings to EJS.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Au contraire! I think it looks sweet, but do agree that EJS should have more than fancy paint for “special” models.

But that retro paint makes me really consider one. Biggest thing holding me back is the need to tow a 9,500 lb travel trailer. Other than that one trailer the mid size Jeep truck would be plenty for my other towing needs.