• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gladiator

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
You should have grabbed that launch edition :). Or looking at it another way you can put another 30K in your jeep and buy a nice used pick up for 40K

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
A local dealer had one arrive yesterday. It is a loaded Rubicon model. And the sticker is at $70, 775. Love the markup they added. So it is more than the Launch edition that had every possible thing plus badges. I hate dealers. They aren't going to be getting my money any time soon playing those games.
Sent you a PM

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
You should have grabbed that launch edition :). Or looking at it another way you can put another 30K in your jeep and buy a nice used pick up for 40K

Exactly. Now I am spending imaginary money on the Scrambler. Hmmmmm

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Exactly. Now I am spending imaginary money on the Scrambler. Hmmmmm

Only thing worse (or is it better) is spending real money on it. And when you spend real money on it, it usually is in pieces and non drivable, so you buy a second one to have a driver while the first is being worked on. Then you find what needs to be worked on for the second one, and start thinking about a third, fourth, fifth, etc... Sickness, it is a sickness I tell you.

SKT

Legacy Registered User
City
APO
State
AE
Looks like they are arriving at more dealerships:

65CC86FA-CE19-438B-8B42-C4E13F890AF5.jpeg

412364F5-0FDE-4829-93EE-5B217C70DE9A.jpeg

070F11FC-4383-4689-9B5C-A07AA3DCDD45.jpeg

Last edited:

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Ordering opened yesterday for the Gladiator. I ordered a Rubicon this morning from a nearby dealer. Several dealers with whom I spoke were sticking to MSRP and some were even selling for 10% over MSRP. I got Affiliate pricing (below invoice) so color me happy.

Reactions: SKT

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
A dealership team around me has a few Overland editions that are at sticker with no markup. Much better than that one I posted earlier. I hope Darcars sells 0 vehicles.

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Congrats!

What color did you end up ordering Frank?

Any plans/mods for it upon delivery?

Ordered Billet Silver. I had a '13 Billet JKUR. I have no plans to mod it at this point. Will drive it stock and see what it needs, if anything. I do plan to add some type of shell, perhaps the softshell that Bestop is coming out with. I had originally planned to order a body-colored top and fenders, but spent 30 minutes studying a Silver one at the Safari that had a black top and fenders. It won me over. I also planned to order cloth seats, but only leather is available to order now. Leather actually solves 2 issues for me. I hate black seats and the only cloth available is black so I went with Dark Saddle leather. I also did not like the red dash that almost all Gladiators come with...but the brown leather changes the dash color to gray.

This is the one at the Safari that convinced me to go with the black top and fenders. Mine will be exactly like this one except for the tonneau and rack in the bed. And just as I removed "Scrambler" from the hood of my 8 as soon as I got it home in 1982, I may de-Rubicon the hood of the Gladiator.

billet1.jpg

billet2.jpg

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Nice. Glad to know that there is a way to not get the red dash. When building on the web I like the orange exterior but cannot look at that and the red dash at the same time. Bleh.

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Nice. Glad to know that there is a way to not get the red dash. When building on the web I like the orange exterior but cannot look at that and the red dash at the same time. Bleh.

The Overland does not have the red dash. It has a fancy padded grey dash. I drove a Rubicon and Overland at the Safari. The only ways I know of to prevent the dash from being red are to order Dark Saddle leather, an Overland, or one of the "late-availability" colors. I believe Gator and Gobi will have grey dashes. Jeep's Build and Price site changes the dash color when you choose certain late colors.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
How is that room in the back seat area, and comfort level ? Also how about getting in and out of the front & back doors ? Almost went to the dealer today and see what they have but got pre occupied

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
The Overland does not have the red dash. It has a fancy padded grey dash. I drove a Rubicon and Overland at the Safari. The only ways I know of to prevent the dash from being red are to order Dark Saddle leather, an Overland, or one of the "late-availability" colors. I believe Gator and Gobi will have grey dashes. Jeep's Build and Price site changes the dash color when you choose certain late colors.

I want the Gator, so that is good to hear that the red may not be included. But if I get the Sport S with the max towing, then I won't have to worry about it anyway. I have time to decide though.

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
How is that room in the back seat area, and comfort level ? Also how about getting in and out of the front & back doors ?

Front and rear doors are identical to the JL. I'm not concerned about back seat comfort. In the past 20 years, there may have been 2 times when someone was in the back seat of one of my vehicles. That area is usually full of camera and/or rescue gear. I removed the back seats of my last 2 Rubicons and may do the same with the Gladiator. I didn't notice anything unusual about getting into the driver's seat. One nice touch is that the Gladiator has a grab bar on the A-pillar to aid entry. I installed aftermarket grab bars in my previous Rubicons.

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
I want the Gator, so that is good to hear that the red may not be included. But if I get the Sport S with the max towing, then I won't have to worry about it anyway. I have time to decide though.

I may have been wrong on the red dash thing. I just went to the Build & Price tool and the only thing that made the dash change to grey was switching to Dark Saddle leather. I could have sworn Gobi or Gator changed the dash color a few days ago. There are already instructions online about how to remove those red pieces in the JL to wrap them. And I'd be willing to bet there will be dash overlays available.

Tuesday Update: For anyone considering ordering a Gladiator, black premium cloth seats became available to order in Rubicons this morning . Even though I don't like black interiors, I had my order updated to cloth seats since that is what I prefer in Jeeps. I can always put seat covers on them. I had tan TrekArmor (now Bartact I think) seat covers on my last Rubicon...loved them. The seats and steering wheel will have red stitching so the red dash may not be so objectionable...and as already noted, it can always be wrapped.

Last edited: