• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Holley Sniper EFI for BBD Carbs

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
It has 1 - 3/8” and 1 - 3/16” manifold vacuum ports, and 1 - 3/16” ported vacuum port.

Basically duplicates the ports on a BBD.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Assembling AN braided hoses sucks! It especially sucks if you are not using the Koul Tool. That thing makes assembling the hoses only frustrating, and not infuriating.

0789F3FB-164E-4DB4-8DE4-895783B2C25F.jpeg

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Got my purge valve (for an early 90s Chevy) today. Holds perfect vacuum and releases once it sees the ported vacuum signal. Should work great to utilize the original charcoal canister.

755DE182-875F-4D12-8AA8-135B3AA92CBA.jpeg

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Assembling AN braided hoses sucks! It especially sucks if you are not using the Koul Tool. That thing makes assembling the hoses only frustrating, and not infuriating.

View attachment 84515
I still have blisters from a week ago, can't feel the tip of my thumb. I used a pair of inserts for a bench vise.

But the difference in looks was worth it.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I still have blisters from a week ago, can't feel the tip of my thumb. I used a pair of inserts for a bench vise.

But the difference in looks was worth it.
I used push-lock hose and fittings on the fuel and transmission lines for Copper. Easy to assemble, and affordable. They were 100% reliable for over 40k miles!

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
What was your source for these local or online(if so where)?

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
What was your source for these local or online(if so where)?
If you are asking about the push-lock, it is available through Summit. The nice stuff walkerhoundvm used is available online.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Got the fuel lines run. Did I mention that AN lines are not fun?

C3154459-C86E-44C7-B3FE-E442626FC658.jpeg

61EC215D-DBA1-4AA0-A066-83488045B13D.jpeg

I had to run the lines in a creative direction to get enough length for the fuel filters. I am running Mr. Gasket Sintered Bronze fuel filters. Currently they have 30 micron filters in them, but I have 100 and 10 micron filter inserts on back order. I figure, with the 30 pre the pump sock, and the 30 post filter it would be ok for now.

Now I need to get the wiring completed and it should be ready to test. :fingerscrossed:

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
They would look more :drool: if I had not used steel wrenches to build them. Was too lazy to use the aluminum jaws for the vice and I don’t have an aluminum wrench. A few of them have some scars.

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
I highly suggest running PTFE hose due to the ethanol eating the rubber hose from the inside out. Then you only have to build them one time instead of replacing the braided hose every 5 years.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Allegedly this hose is E85 rated. We shall see. The hose Holley includes is a Gates 4219BF Barricade GreenShield. That too is allegedly E85 rated. I am using small sections to connect to the stock supply and return lines.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Allegedly this hose is E85 rated. We shall see. The hose Holley includes is a Gates 4219BF Barricade GreenShield. That too is allegedly E85 rated. I am using small sections to connect to the stock supply and return lines.
So the stock steel fuel lines are large enough for the EFI upgrade ? Are they 3/8 " ?

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
So the stock steel fuel lines are large enough for the EFI upgrade ? Are they 3/8 " ?

I’m going about it a little different. The stock lines will only carry the fuel being fed by the stock mechanical pump. The mechanical pump brings low pressure fuel to the surge tank, then the stock return line feeds excess fuel and any vapors to the tank. The same as the stock carb‘d system would do.

The surge tank has 2 additional fittings, one is the high pressure feed from the submerged fuel pump feeding the throttle body. The other is the high pressure return from the pressure regulator built into the throttle body. Once the high pressure fuel return dumps into the surge tank it is back to low pressure awaiting pickup by the submerged pump again.

Think of it as 2 separate loops of fuel tied together at the surge tank.

All of the lines that are high pressure are -6, same as the fittings from Holley.