Jeep Snow Pics...Post 'em up!

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Nine inches last night. Spent 3 1/2 hours shoveling today. The Scrambler got to break trail up the driveway for the first time in 20 years.

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
My now-for-sale XJ feeling left out. No snow on the ground Friday, started Saturday evening and by this morning it was back to winter.

Wish I could drive it.

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
Road1216-1.jpg Road1216-2.jpg Road1216-3.jpg Breaking trail here, too, yesterday. Should be better frozen today - I'm getting ready to go pack it down.

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
More coverage but not all the way solid yet. Should have put chains on to pull that roller, maybe, but it went ok. All hitched up and ready to go IMG_20161218_125326.jpg Hoping it's not as deep as it looks IMG_20161218_131328.jpg Only a little hole and not too deep, just wet IMG_20161218_135356.jpg End of the trail IMG_20161218_140250.jpg

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
The roller packs the snow 2 feet wide for the tires to be on. I usually drag with an h-beam first to knock the surface flat then go back over it with the roller to compact it. I haven't done that yet for the part in those pics - not enough snow and too many rocks, but the two miles beyond got dragged yesterday. Trying to stay directly on top of yesterday's tire prints is tough with new snow. Two feet I can generally keep on track without falling off. Video on youtube somewhere called "snow roller with jeep" or some such, from a few years ago. It winds up looking very groomed. Plus I can carry a lot of stuff on that roller, like 2 100# LP tanks. Too rocky and narrow around here to plow well, and it looks a lot better.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I'm not seeing unless that is a jeep frame in the foreground. My grandfather had the Packard dealership in Grand Rapids back in the day and my dad talked about driving out on to Lake Michigan when the lake would freeze over. A couple of times people would drive out a little late in the season and a couple of cars would break through the ice and be lost

Sent from my iPad

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
What does the roller do?? Different approach
If you saw what he was rolling on top of without snow, it would be pretty clear. This is about as far from a driveway as you can get. Jeep would do a great job filming a commercial where he's taking these pics ;)

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
I'm not seeing unless that is a jeep frame in the foreground.

Sent from my iPad
Ok, it's more hidden than thought now that I see it on the big screen. There's a white YJ behind the bushes...

Video comes up first when I google it. "Snow Roller" by Julie Covert. Has that tan Scrambler in it.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Just starting up here, the weather people have been funny all week... 5-24 inches, all depending on wind and bombogenesis... had to look that one up.

def: Explosive cyclogenesis (also referred to as a weather bomb, meteorological bomb, explosive development, or bombogenesis) refers in a strict sense to a rapidly deepening extratropical cyclonic low-pressure area.

cb

City
Fort Collins
State
CO
Just starting up here, the weather people have been funny all week... 5-24 inches, all depending on wind and bombogenesis... had to look that one up.

def: Explosive cyclogenesis (also referred to as a weather bomb, meteorological bomb, explosive development, or bombogenesis) refers in a strict sense to a rapidly deepening extratropical cyclonic low-pressure area.

cb
Well you learn something new everyday!
Bombogenesis...
aka- weatherman throwing out fancy scientific words because he can't predict the unpredictable.... and wants a "fall back" prediction in case his prediction was wrong...

I wouldn't want the weathermans job... I go by the look/stick your head bout he window method!! Lol!