• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

my 84

sparks

Legacy Registered User
City
HarrisonvillE
State
MO
minesbigger-1.jpg

since its to cold to work out side thought I would introduce my self and the jeep.

My grandmother bought this jeep new in 84 she taught me how to drive in this thing.she always said it was mine to have but it never came around....well she past away this last fall :( so i had written off ever getting it having 2 younger brothers i figured my Mom would sell it just to keep the peace...well i was wrong she stopped by last week and said it was mine :woot: :woot:
so now I am a proud 2nd owner of a 1984 cj8 that is all stock and has been setting in a barn for 12 years with the exception of me getting it out 2 years ago just to reminisce a bit. needles to say it 12 year old gas dose not burn well nor do tires stay round after they have been sat on flat for that long :banghead: but it does run it has less than 45k miles on it and ill most likely keep it stock and use it as a daily driver on a limited biases.

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
welcome, and very kewl story. you will have to share more as you move along in getting her going.

Truck

sparks

Legacy Registered User
City
HarrisonvillE
State
MO
photo007-1.jpg

this is the only other pic i have for right now and it does have ac and power steering and a 5 speed and yes i am going to keep the front bumper and brush guard on it (reply to a pm)

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Welcome, neat story!! Keep the pictures coming. I like the color combo.

cruser

Legacy Registered User
City
Buffalo Gap
State
TX
Great story... Sounds like that jeep is a keeper for life.... :smokin::smokin::smokin:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Welcome and AWESOME, low mileage Jeep! I'm not too far away from you in MO. I love the stock look and that brushguard is a very rare factory item (if you didn't know already). In fact, that is the first chrome one I've seen, most are black. It seems to be a very highly optioned Laredo model. Are you sure it is an '84? I'm just wondering because starting in '83 Scramblers were equiped with shoulder belts that attached to the rollbar through the halfcab. It dosen't look like your Scrambler has that. It could have been changed but I don't know why someone would change back to lap belts only. I can't wait to see more pics!

Last edited:

sparks

Legacy Registered User
City
HarrisonvillE
State
MO
I apologizes i have not gotten the title yet just from what i remembered it was a 84 but after checking the vin the 10th character is C and from the information i was reading that means its a 82 i also found out it has gvw of 4150#...... I knew the brush guard was original but did not know it was rare and don,t know how to tell what option package it has yet...the only other things i can think of that i didn't mention yet is that it has a ash tray and lighter under the dash under the steering column just to the left it also has tilt steering. and a AMC radio with built in CB

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I apologizes i have not gotten the title yet just from what i remembered it was a 84 but after checking the vin the 10th character is C and from the information i was reading that means its a 82 i also found out it has gvw of 4150#...... I knew the brush guard was original but did not know it was rare and don,t know how to tell what option package it has yet...the only other things i can think of that i didn't mention yet is that it has a ash tray and lighter under the dash under the steering column just to the left it also has tilt steering. and a AMC radio with built in CB

The original AMC AM/FM/CB is also a rare option that is highly sought after. It is not as rare as the brush guard though, the brushguard was a CJ only option, the AM/FM/CB radio was offered in several other Jeep models. The last brushguard I saw sell on Ebay went for around $700 and a nice AM/FM/CB goes for $150+. The exterior stripe package yours has was only offered on the Laredo package CJ's which was "top of the line". Like I said before, very nice Jeep! :thumbsup:

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
I've never seen chrome bumper end caps either. Looks like narrow track axles?

sparks

Legacy Registered User
City
HarrisonvillE
State
MO
inside

dscf3439-1.jpg

dscf3434-1.jpg

dscf3435-1.jpg

I just took the carpet out the other day.... i had to fix the transmission it would not go in 5th of revers turns out to be no big deal some nylon bushing slipped out of place. And thanks for complements and encouragement.....

Craner8

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Orlando
State
FL
Welcome to the site. You will love it. Lots of help here. Sorry for your loss. Happy for your gain. Great time capsule.

skell22

Mechanically challenged
City
Collegeville
State
PA
Sparks,

Sorry for the passing of your grandmother. She must of been one very cool grandma to buy a Scrambler,and a totally loaded one at that:thumbsup:. I wish you the best of luck with it.

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
Sparks,

Sorry for the passing of your grandmother. She must of been one very cool grandma to buy a Scrambler,and a totally loaded one at that:thumbsup:. I wish you the best of luck with it.

X2.....I was thinking the same exact thing as I read thru the posts. Very cool Jeep!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Wow, that's the most optioned out Scrambler I've seen :bow: If it had a tonneau cover, bed mat, Warn winch and half soft top, it'd have pretty much everything! (doesn't happen to have the bed mat, does it? Just so many other options!!! :drool:

Welcome and awesome story, great that the memory of your grandmother will live on in such a unique way :thumbsup:

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
Wow! Very nicely optioned Scrambler. Be cognizant of that as you rebuild/build/restore.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
That Jeep warrants a full clean up of all the original parts and then do a seal replacement and enjoy the hell out of her for many years. You have an awesome survivor.

sparks

Legacy Registered User
City
HarrisonvillE
State
MO
thanks again guys and yes bigwalton it does have a bed mat i didnt think much of it as i thought it was something my grandfather just through in there but i guess not

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
That Jeep warrants a full clean up of all the original parts and then do a seal replacement and enjoy the hell out of her for many years. You have an awesome survivor.

Ditto, keep all of them together and you'll be way happier in the end.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, as well. Hopefully this will serve as a long-lasting memento from her and all the more reason to restore it right! You have something not a lot of us have - a genuine story to go with your Scrambler. Congratulations!

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Reston
State
VA
"That Jeep warrants a full clean up of all the original parts and then do a seal replacement and enjoy the hell out of her for many years. You have an awesome survivor."

And NO driving on salty roads!! That Scrambler is going to clean up real nice.

attachment.php