• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

my 84

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
The logo one?? Does it have the one on the tailgate too?? :drool:

I totally agree with everyone else, this is an amazing survivor and looks to be one of those rare restoration candidates. Awesome!!

We need a bunch more pictures... if you haven't already noticed, you have a bunch of us literally on the edge of our seats waiting to see more on this one! :drool: :bow: It's the kind of thing we live to see!!!!

sparks

Legacy Registered User
City
HarrisonvillE
State
MO
qustion

Did scramblers come with a winch ? i just heard a story from my mom that the winch got stolen:angry: off of it when it was fairly new and i got to thinking was that original or did they have that put on after words??:shrug:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
There was an option for a Warn 8274 and given the number of other options you have on this thing, I wouldn't be the least surprised if it was on there once.

There's a few threads on here about the options available on these along with scans of the sales brochures, you can find them in there.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
That's an awesome Scrambler. Great history too. Welcome!

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Did scramblers come with a winch ? i just heard a story from my mom that the winch got stolen:angry: off of it when it was fairly new and i got to thinking was that original or did they have that put on after words??:shrug:

There were actually a couple of winch options. If the brushgaurd and the winch were both on the Jeep when new then we should be able to tell what winch was on the Jeep by looking at the front of the brushguard. Post a pic of the front of the Jeep and we should be able to tell you.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
There were actually a couple of winch options. If the brushgaurd and the winch were both on the Jeep when new then we should be able to tell what winch was on the Jeep by looking at the front of the brushguard. Post a pic of the front of the Jeep and we should be able to tell you.

The brushguard looks to be the nonwinch one. I don't think chrome was an option. Neither were chrome front bumper end caps. Maybe the brushguard was chromed along with limited front bumper end caps. Can you chrome plastic?

Either way I would also love to see more pics of that bumper brushguard combo

Keep all original parts even if you don't use or replace them.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
You can definitely chrome plastic, but IMHO it looks totally different than chromed metal. It looks, well.... plastic.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I thought the CJ's had metal bumper end caps and the YJ's came with the plastic ones.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Not sure. I know the limited's had plastic

I saw on a jerseyjeep eBay auction that JY's were metal

He is selling a limited plastic one now on there

Maybe the metal caps were available as an accessory for CJ ???

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
My 86 accessories catalog has metal bumper extension kit as an option
9 gauge steel. My guess is that some point someone chromed those items. Maybe it was a dealer promo vehicle or something like that.

I don't think "bling" was an option in the 80's :rotfl:

Still really cool.

Last edited:

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Chrome

Chrome was fairly cheap in the mid 80's before the EPA regs.

I have never seen the part number for chrome bumper extensions or chrome brushguard.

Very nice Scrambler SL....I wouldn't paint it...just buff out the origional paint and call the flaws

"Patina"

sparks

Legacy Registered User
City
HarrisonvillE
State
MO
page1-1.jpg

this blue one has the bumper extensions right? or am i looking at it wrong

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
this blue one has the bumper extensions right? or am i looking at it wrong

It looks like it does but it is hard to tell. That is just a rendering and not a true picture of a Scrambler. I've seen many black bumper extensions, just not chrome ones.

sparks

Legacy Registered User
City
HarrisonvillE
State
MO
well i was out in the driveway playing with the jeep today got it to idle half way decent and i was letting it warm up trying to make heads or tails of all the freaking vacuum hoses :banghead: when it finely got up to temp. wouldn't you know it the radiator blows :banghead: :( where to get one on a Saturday afternoon?

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Any more progress or pics? I've been wanting to see more photos of your ride since you first posted!

skiptown

CJ-8 Member
City
Madison
State
WI
well i was out in the driveway playing with the jeep today got it to idle half way decent and i was letting it warm up trying to make heads or tails of all the freaking vacuum hoses :banghead: when it finely got up to temp. wouldn't you know it the radiator blows :banghead: :( where to get one on a Saturday afternoon?

Sounds like your all ready frustrated tell you what I'll give ya 1500.00 bad radiator and flat tires and fadeing paint all... when can stop by????