• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My "Why I'm Not Getting Anything Jeep Related Done" Build.

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Progress is picking up speed. ETA now November 14.

On another note, we sold the VW Bus. Hard to do but more time for Jeeps now!

Dang... I thought I'd eventually get to make you an offer on that! :cheers:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Been a long time since I posted any pictures in this thread. Here's the progress as of tonight. New ETA to completion- Nov. 12

IMG_1006.jpgIMG_1007.jpgIMG_1008.jpgIMG_1009.jpgIMG_1010.jpgIMG_1011.jpgIMG_1013.jpg

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Don't know if I posted this already, but we also broke down and bought something to help around the yard. Yeah, it's a toy too. But we got a plow and a drag harrow for it- makes life a lot easier. Will make winter easier too!

IMG_0879.jpg

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
Wow that's a lot work! It's nice to have all that land and open area too. If the ocean was out front at 82 degrees I'd move there too. 8-)
Awesome job and congratulations on the whole project.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Well, I sorta let this thread die a slow death, so I guess I should write its obituary.

We were able to occupy the house just before Thanksgiving. There were a few last minute items that took until mid December to iron out. I finally got all my junk moved into the shop, and I am finally able to spend some quality time out there working on my Jeeps.

Life doesn’t seem to have gotten much easier however, and I apologize for ignoring and seemingly abandoning my Scrambler family. My 94yo mother has had a few health scares, and has stopped driving. Luckily she has found a lady at Church who is willing to take care of some of the driving responsibilities. On my end, I injured my ankle, which in turn re-aggravated my bad knee. Which then led to my back flaring up at times. Starting to feel my age or older... the Doctor says that unless I stay off of my ankle healing will take forever- so forever it is. The decision to take the upstairs living area is slowing down the healing process too, I’m sure.

The last things to do are re-seed the back lawn and do a general clean up so things get back to normal. I’ll post up a few pics and if anyone wants to see more just let me know.

83EC0725-5A31-4A4E-8C1B-5ADA33AEACF8.jpegB6D20380-A38D-4412-9A4A-69AEF85EF129.jpeg

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Well, apparently the fatigue of the project shows in the amount of pictures I haven’t taken. I’ll get a few outside shots tomorrow and post them up. :shrug:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Sorry to hear about the challenges, brother. Whatever you do, do not mess with the back issues. Learned that first hand with my dad.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Sorry to hear about the challenges, brother. Whatever you do, do not mess with the back issues. Learned that first hand with my dad.
Amen, and thanks for the advice. Back surgery was the beginning of the end for my dad. I’m pretty much opposed to anything with a scalpel.