• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New Site Issue Thread

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Please keep any issues or bugs in this thread so we can keep track of them. We know there will be issues and ask for your patience as we work to bring the new site up to speed fully.

The first one is that avatars didn't come across properly, you can upload a replacement or new one or we'll work to move them over in some other way (which wouldn't replace a new one if you upload one yourself.)

Also, note that PM folders (if you ever used them) don't have a matching setup here. We will be working on getting plugins to better sort PMs (now known as Conversations).

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
When I click on the smilies icon in a new reply, I get a list of the subforums.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
When I click on the smilies icon in a new reply, I get a list of the subforums.

This is corrected. We have a number of new smilies and brought over the old school ones as well. I believe that standard Emojis are supposed to work too or be able to be made to work. Testing. ???

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
I noticed that the page number selection is no longer there when selecting a particular thread. Don’t know if this is known or not, just thought I would mention it.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Meaning on multi-page threads to go between pages?

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
Once in the thread I see what you have there.

When looking at either “what’s new” or through the multi page threads, I would always click on the last page to see new comments.

It used to be here:
3D409956-B8F1-4BC3-9B9A-FD1D272E7B97.jpeg

By the way... picture posting is super quick and easy! Also really like the look/feel if the new/update GUI.

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Clicking on the time, that helps immensely. I was just going to ask about getting to the last page of a multipage thread.

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
Perfect! That’s even better. Also saw the “jump to new” that will bring you to the end of the thread.ECFCDCCF-02A7-4C07-86F5-6D5CBDA2AD42.jpeg

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Only a little nit to pick. I have had to re-enter my user name and password to log into the site each time, despite having the "stay logged in" box checked.

Other than that, no problems. The new site looks great!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Only a little nit to pick. I have had to re-enter my user name and password to log into the site each time, despite having the "stay logged in" box checked.

Other than that, no problems. The new site looks great!

Tried clearing your cookies? What browser/computer? I’m not having this issue.