Official CJ-8.com Forum Lurker Intro Thread!

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Hello! I've been on this forum for a while, but don't believe I've ever posted. But since I'm now a proud owner of my first CJ8, guess it's time to post up. While looking for some parts for my CJ7, ended up picking up 82 Scrambler from Jim's Chop Shop on Saturday. My name is Sam Drury, live down in Southern Maryland and been an active member with Hard Rock Crawlers of Southern Maryland for 10+ yrs. First car was an 84 CJ7, 20+ years ago and have been a jeep guy since. Garage has included several CJ7's, CJ3A, 92 Wrangler, 05 LJ Rubicon, and 99 Cherokee. Am a regular at PA Jeep Show, and occasionally make it out to Rausch, Big Dogs events, and VA4WD. I believe have met a few guys on here in the past. The scrambler will be sitting for a few months as I need to free up some space in garage. Currently in middle of frame off of a 83CJ7 that am building a mild off road driver to keep, and have another 79CJ7 that will be fixing up to sell. Ultimate plan is to do a full frame off restoration of the Scrambler and will post things up then. Look forward to talking with you guys through the project.
Welcome Sam!

City
Austin
State
Tx
So, this is a bit off topic, but I've never been able to post pictures in a thread. And the sticky doesn't help, even as much as you guys wanna say it does. I just noticed that when I'm in the Classified section, I have the attachment icon in the frame to make or reply to a post. But that's the only time I have the attachment icon(paperclip), so when I'm in this thread I cannot upload a pic and it's really so annoying.

I almost posted pictures of my 2 Scramblers in someone's classified thread just so I can get my DAMN Scramblers in here!!

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I'm not 100 percent, but I believe if you are a paid member, then you can upload picture and they are hosted by the site or Tapatalk.

If not I think you have to post them to a public picture site and link them. I used to use picassa, a free pic site, there are many others.

City
Austin
State
Tx
The
I'm not 100 percent, but I believe if you are a paid member, then you can upload picture and they are hosted by the site or Tapatalk.

If not I think you have to post them to a public picture site and link them. I used to use picassa, a free pic site, there are many others.
Well that makes perfect sense then

cj8py

Basic User
City
Ciudad del Este
State
AP
Good evening fellow jeepers, I've born and grew up in ciudad del este paraguay (near of iguassu falls) our history with jeeps begins in the mid's 50's when grandpa boight a cj3 dispatcher and a willys station wagon, mi father told me histories about the loyalness. Always whanted one, but good jeeps where hard to find, in 2001 when saw the "wrangler"?, on newspaper it worth the 200 miles trip to check it out. Back then, knowing nothing about it, we took the challenge, after discovered a true gem, only 6 cj8 entered the country, 3 survived, 1 is mine and the rest is history...:bow::woohoo:

City
Tucson
State
AZ
I lurk its what I do. I am in search of my first CJ8. Imo the Scrambler is an exotic and I was hoping that jeep would join the retro-craze and bring back the scrambler. Having said that I'm sure it would be a 40k jeep and then it doesn't do me any good. I am in Tucson, Az and the well has run nearly dry. 8s are few and far between. Whats that you say? Why yes it would make a great father son project if only there was one available that doesn't cost a fortune. I don't like to post because I mostly feel like I'm talking the talk without walking the walk. Hopefully I will have something to post in the not to distant future.

SurfnCJ8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
Welcome. This is a great forum and a great bunch of folks. I lurked here too before I found mine. Then I still lurked because I am nowhere near as knowledeable as most on here. I have learned a lot here and i'm sure you will too. If you have questions on your search post up, you will get good advice. Then when you find one be sure to post pics! Good luck with the hunt and don't worry, just be patient and one will turn up.......

City
Tucson
State
AZ
SurfnCJ8,
Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement. I started the acquisition process in Oct. of last year when I decided it had to happen because I can't stand it anymore. You know... almost driving of the road when a Scrambler drives by in the opposite direction. At least in a jeep I would be ready for the off roading. lol I have seen a few pop up in my price range and hesitated long enough for someone elses dream to be realized. Doh! I the meanwhile I will continue to learn and design my future ride....

sam025

Basic User
City
Leonardtown
State
MD

Any updates on this Scrambler?

If so, can we get some pics Sam?

Nothing yet. Its waiting in the barn. Working on a CJ7 frame off restoration (will now be selling to fund the scrambler) and and another CJ7 trail rig that I need to finish. I am hoping by this time next year will be in the middle of frame off for the Scrambler. Will keep posted and create a build thread.

Gatorbait

Basic User
City
Tampa
State
Fl
Hello everyone:

I've been creeping around on here for a while now conducting recon in advance of making my first CJ-8 purchase. After several months of looking, I finally pulled the trigger over the weekend and purchased a 1983 CJ-8.

You have a tremendous amount of resources here on the forum that I look forward to leveraging as I take this project in the direction that I'd like.

I look forward to getting to know you all and hitting some trails in Florida.

Cheers,
Ron

big_chin

Basic User
City
Raleigh
State
NC
Might as well introduce myself....

been a long time reader of this site and figured it was finally time to register since I wanted to see all of the pics of everyone else's rides. my name is John, I'm not actually a jeep owner (yet) but have always loved the Scrambler since first seeing my neighbors a long time ago and decided I'd have one of my own. unfortunately, they're hard to come by, often times expensive when you do, and the ones that aren't need the kind of work that I have no idea how to do but I figure every man needs to learn something new and that's when I found this website. it's been great reading the build threads and trip reports, you guys have a ton of knowledge and have built a great online community here. hopefully I'll go from reading to building and reading soon, cheers guys.

McMash

Basic User
City
Gig Harbor
State
WA
Hello all!

Done quite a bit of research on this site, thought I'd finally sign the dotted line and join the community.

Here is my '84 CJ8 Postal. Purchased it back in August after searching for another Jeep for YEARS (had to sell my last one due to financial issues), and I'm extremely happy with it. Needs a LOT of work, but it feels great to have a Jeep to tinker on again.

The build is going to be really, painfully slow, as I sadly don't have a shop to work on it (trying to buy some property and build one ASAP); I've worked on cars in muddy gravel enough to know that I'm not a huge fan.

My plans thus far:
-4BD1T swap with 47RH
-Narrowed 9" rear
-Narrowed Dana 44HP front
-Flip the 300
-RE XD 4.5"
-Some 33", 34" or 35" pizza-cutter tires
-Fix body rust
-De-foam the back/top (PITA!)
-PAINT IT A DIFFERENT COLOR

Look forward to conversing with you all about it and learning all I can.

McMash

Basic User
City
Gig Harbor
State
WA
Hello all!

Done quite a bit of research on this site, thought I'd finally sign the dotted line and join the community.

Here is my '84 CJ8 Postal. Purchased it back in August after searching for another Jeep for YEARS (had to sell my last one due to financial issues), and I'm extremely happy with it. Needs a LOT of work, but it feels great to have a Jeep to tinker on again.

The build is going to be really, painfully slow, as I sadly don't have a shop to work on it (trying to buy some property and build one ASAP); I've worked on cars in muddy gravel enough to know that I'm not a huge fan.

My plans thus far:
-4BD1T swap with 47RH
-Narrowed 9" rear
-Narrowed Dana 44HP front
-Flip the 300
-RE XD 4.5"
-Some 33", 34" or 35" pizza-cutter tires
-Fix body rust
-De-foam the back/top (PITA!)
-PAINT IT A DIFFERENT COLOR

Look forward to conversing with you all about it and learning all I can.

Not sure why the pics aren't showing up. Lemme try again:

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Welcome.. And great postal.. I remember seeing that one for sale a while ago. Good plan you got and hope to see it all go together soon.. 👍👍👍

Sent from my SM-N910P