• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Scrambler Owners Association - 2022 National Scramble - Buena Vista, Colorado - July 23, 24 & 25

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
How far is downtown from the trials? Trying to figure out where to get a Airbnb
The SOA board is trying to secure a location in, or very near BV that we can headquarter the event from.

We usually meet each morning and leave from that location.

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
I've been trying to get out to a Colorado event for like 10 years. My Scrambler is a rust bucket, frame has four holes big enough the put four fingers through. But I'm littered with 6's. If I can sell my frame off 68 cj6 and find a Scrambler in time, I'm coming damn it.

jbeshears

Basic User
City
Sturgeon
State
MO
I am planning to go. What area is best to stay in? Planning on tent camping. North, South or in Buena Vista?

timothy

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
baltimore
State
oh
We will be there & staying for the Colorado Scramble afterwards. We will b camping but at this point unknown where

SeeJayAte

CJ-8 Member
City
Greenfield
State
In
Back in 2011 we camped 1 night at the KOA just outside Buena Vista on Rt.285. It's a large campground with all the amenities including a breakfast/snackbar. The tent area was nothing special, but I think they have added a few cabins now so will check that out too. We didn't even go into BV but headed on south to Rt.50 on the way to Ouray.

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
What area are we wheeling in, in relation to Buena Vista?
Miles away and N S E or W of BV?

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Salida is about 25 miles south of BV and has more lodging options if anyone has trouble finding something closer.

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
We plan to make this one!
Excited to be in Colorado next year. Should be a great event!

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
BV is about 1hr 45min from my place in Westcliffe. I have to check the dates and see if I can coordinate a trip hauling stuff from VA out there and get a jeep running. Summer is our high occupancy time for our place too (listed on Airbnb and VRBO) so if you find a place book it while you can.

Is plan to do all levels of trails in different groups as usual? I know things are little more spread out out there for different levels. Just need to figure out which jeep to concentrate on.

Truck

dskinner8677

Idaho Scrambler
City
Boise
State
ID
This will be my 1st time at this event see you then

Gscram

Scrambler Junkie
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Brandon
State
MS
I have one bedroom with a queen bed available in the house I rented. PM me if interested.

ManyFacesofSchwinn

City
Rathdrum
State
ID
Hello,

How do you fellows get from Denver or Colorado Springs to Buena Vista? Do you drive or fly? Do they have a regional airport, or can you fly directly form the main airports? Thank you. Barry