jak inc

I H8 SALT!
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Merton
State
WI
Is there enough room to shift the square side up some and re-fold the edge, there by leaving both the bead rolls intact instead of being cut through?

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I will be checking that tomorrow... thanks for the tip... there might just be enough wiggle room.
I was playing around with it late yesterday afternoon and we were headed out to eat, so I had to get in and get cleaned up.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Got a little time to do it... made some tweaks as commented on here and was able to get 2 panels done and they fit reasonably well... I am not looking for perfection as there are some curves that are hard to get around, but want to get them close so they can be welded in and then seam sealed a little bit... needs a bit more work, but then I can get to the center piece and see more progress.

cb

20190215_175015_resized.jpg

20190215_183050_resized.jpg

20190215_183339_resized.jpg

20190216_145142_resized.jpg

20190216_155923_resized.jpg

20190216_161710_resized.jpg

20190216_164251_resized.jpg

The last picture I guess I missed the shot I was going for... but it could serve as well on the beer thread... BOOM SAUCE!!! It is a staple these days... pricey for the 4 pack, but the taste is one of the best IPA's IMO.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
As of right now it is more than likely a bright color... yellow/orange/red.
The Scrambler (other one) will be Olympic white with garnet interior.
This one I am thinking Yellow... possibly Red, but custom graphics that are similar to this

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Playing around last night with the spare panel I had... trying to see if this will work for what I want it to do... so far it seems OK... aesthetically though it is a bit off... has the lines all lining up, but the gap plays with my eyes and although it appears stock-ish, one piece would have been nicer, but it is what it is.

The plan is to go to Tractor supply and get a 5x6 pieces of bed mat and cut to fit so I have a mat in there... so you won't see most of this anyway.

The important part is that it is getting closer and now the bed is very solid and stable... it mounts to the frame and I can stand in it without it flexing.

I didn't have any one to take a picture of the "jscherb" test... for anyone that remembers that.

cb

20190218_185444_resized.jpg

20190218_185451_resized.jpg

20190218_185501_resized.jpg

20190218_185511_resized.jpg

b2esq

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Glen Allen
State
VA
This is the second time a bead roller would be nice to have... 2... that's twice as many as 1... so, clearly you "need" it... :p

Looking better and better with each bit of "spare time" you have.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Playing around last night with the spare panel I had... trying to see if this will work for what I want it to do... so far it seems OK... aesthetically though it is a bit off... has the lines all lining up, but the gap plays with my eyes and although it appears stock-ish, one piece would have been nicer, but it is what it is.
I used flat stock and shaped it to match the raised parts of the bed for my "bed box" lid.
The "Jeep" is from a badly damaged CJ tailgate.
It was a lot of work, (also not finished) but once it's sanded, prepped, and bedlined it should look good. IMG_0766.JPG

I didn't have any one to take a picture of the "jscherb" test... for anyone that remembers that.

cb
Yep, he's still doing that over at JF.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
so, in the spirit of reuse, was looking to get some tie downs in the bed as there really isn't a great setup for that.
I will add some points to the base of the roll bar lets, but having something I can screw in with eye bolts or something would be nice.

By using the CJ7 bed the way I did, there will be 2 points up front and now with this seat mount removed and mounted under the rear of the bed, I will have 3 points there... also could be used for a seat I guess.

cb

LOTS of spot welds.
20190219_172419_resized.jpg

20190219_173824_resized.jpg

20190219_173829_resized.jpg

And with the bracking removed, I can repurpose this to close in the front and give it some strenght... this will be up against the back of the Jeep cab, so you won't see it, but it will follow the theme.

20190219_180643_resized.jpg

20190219_182259_resized.jpg

cb