So, disassembled it all and tacked the pieces in place... took some tweaking, but it should be ready to weld in place.
All of it is really ready to go, except for the new mount underneath that I have to tack in place and remove the clamps.
Once that is done and the bottom of the new panel screwed in place, I can take it all apart, treat the metal, put it back together and welderup.
Felt pretty good last night... been a long time coming.
Everything is still level as well... even after the 240 lb. gorilla test... I was in and out of it a lot and it is very solid with no flex and that is just screwed/clamped together, when it is all welded/glued up, it should be great.
Got back from traveling a bit and some vacation.
Was able to meet up with FLCJ8 when I was down in FL.
Was able to check out his Scrambler and LJR, really nice guy, we talked for a while... good times.
Finally back, got hit with another storm, kids didn't have school... catching up.
Got outside last night... was good.
Blew it all apart, painting up with galvanzing spray, patching up the holes, small stuff.
Still need to patch and paint these parts.
I hope to get out and get some more done the next few nights.
I do have a couple Jeeps/projects to check out this weekend, we will see what happens.
good eye... the other one worked fine, put it down and when to use it and just dead... I had it for a while now and was sad... but I had been at Lowe's the other day and they had a scratch and dent sale and grabbed a backup for short money.
So one of the panels really warped badly and wasn't fitting correctly... even with heating it, etc. it just wasn't going to be fixed as I wanted it... so I did a bit more on fixing things up... ended up breaking the new grinder in the process... rains/pours
Welded in and ground a lot down... making progress.
Bought 2 Jeeps yesterday, so that will slow things down a bit.
Almost ready to weld it all up solid... some minor tweaking on the right hand side still and then it should be good to go.
I know these pictures are starting to look similar, but this is the final stretch... welding was done last night and most things are solidly in place, hope to finish up tonight and get it off that frame and onto the actual frame to make sure it all fits... roll bar as well!
LOL.... I ran out of welding gas last night... but I was able to get most of it tacked into place and...
LOOK MA!!! no clamps!
I knew somethign was off as the welds started making funny noises and popping/hissing all over the place.
I do have some work left to do and clean up the welds, but for what it is... it is mostly done.
Those welders get rater grumpy when the welding gas goes flat. I pulled my MIG out of long term storage a month or so ago, and the first bead I ran the gas was not flowing. I thought it was the 4th of July with all the sparks flying all over the place.
Picked up this guy last night... he has a companion as well that will come home also next week.
It was an 86 and an 82 combo deal... the 82 was being used to redo the frame, etc. and then transfer parts over that didn't happen.
The 86 has the last of a great breed sticker on the dash and a Dana 44 in the rear.
Funny thing is is it "stuck" in 3rd gear... so you start it up and let the clutch out and you are in 3rd gear only.
I think someone reinstalled the top plate to the T5 180 degrees out of sync which caused it to stick.
Since the transfer case shifter wasn't hooked up for the D300, I couldn't do much with it.
It was only me, so to get it off the trailer (wouldn't start when I got it home... bad gas or no gas I believe) I had to rig up a stick to push the clutch to the floor, release the straps and roll it off.