• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

SJScrambler - Getting Started

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
I use part of an old tube bumper to keep my coiled air hose in mounted to the tire carrier on my LJ.20160420_184446.jpgresized.jpg
The silver tube. I got tired of opening up the back to air up, now just pull it out of the tube.

Attachments

• 20160420_184446.jpg
    20160420_184446.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 7

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
After 2 full rollbars, here is the scrap:

View attachment 68837

I need to make some beer holders or something out of it now that I know they fit nicely.

Finally some shots trying to show the overall look... I think it came out pretty good:

View attachment 68838

View attachment 68839

It needs final welding and a whole lot of time with a sandblaster and smoothing out some areas, but all in all it is almost done and I can move onto finishing up the front over the next few weeks.

It took WAAAAAY longer than I would have thought it would have to do this, but in the end, I think I got something that looks like it cold have come factory, uses all original parts/pieces and will give it a nice retro look when I am done with the KC's on top.

cb
After 2 full rollbars, here is the scrap:

View attachment 68837

I need to make some beer holders or something out of it now that I know they fit nicely.

Finally some shots trying to show the overall look... I think it came out pretty good:

View attachment 68838

View attachment 68839

It needs final welding and a whole lot of time with a sandblaster and smoothing out some areas, but all in all it is almost done and I can move onto finishing up the front over the next few weeks.

It took WAAAAAY longer than I would have thought it would have to do this, but in the end, I think I got something that looks like it cold have come factory, uses all original parts/pieces and will give it a nice retro look when I am done with the KC's on top.

cb
WOW love the look.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Hot dawg.

What is the thinking on filling the front wall of the bed? Did you make a decision on that?

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Hot dawg.

What is the thinking on filling the front wall of the bed? Did you make a decision on that?

Still the Jeep tailgate idea... but I have to take it all apart and fill the floor next and get that all fitting nicely... problem right now is winter time and how little space I have to store the new rollbar, etc. once I get it all apart... need people to grab their parts they paid for that I have been storing... should be better in the coming weeks. Just some big items that need to go.

cb

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
That turned out really nicely!

It's been fun watching the evolution and the execution of your double roll bar idea, and it's fantastic that you've been able to keep it so "factory" looking! :cheers:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
But like all things in my life... change happens... picked up a friend in the garage to part out...

Headed out to get it at 6am... NOT WARM!!

20190112_072014_resized.jpg

20190112_152453_resized.jpg

It has some good parts on it and some things I will need.
Basically I moved everything out of the garage and moved this in... I hope to have it torn down this week and next and will resume after that.

cb

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Feeding the addiction. 7* is cold. We had an ice event last night. Lots without power but we’re in good shape.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
You seem to find a never ending supply of Jeeps to part out. From the front that Jeep looks good. Got more pictures showing what you scored? The bed is coming together nice.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Jeep is in terrible shape body wise and the few good parts it had I am keeping :)

20190113_165036_resized.jpg

20190113_165042_resized.jpg

20190113_165053_resized.jpg

20190113_165102_resized.jpg

20190113_165108_resized.jpg

Just trying to remove some of the parts I have filled 2 5 gallon buckets with rust/debris.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
You seem to find a never ending supply of Jeeps to part out. From the front that Jeep looks good. Got more pictures showing what you scored? The bed is coming together nice.

When they come up I try to jump on them, especially at decent prices... however, those prices are ticking up lately and the quality if the Jeeps are going down... and I have to travel further to get them, all leading to the inevitably where one day they will run out / make it not worth it.

cb

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
When they come up I try to jump on them, especially at decent prices... however, those prices are ticking up lately and the quality if the Jeeps are going down... and I have to travel further to get them, all leading to the inevitably where one day they will run out / make it not worth it.

cb
And then you will have the largest supply of used jeep parts east of the Mississippi ! Now that will be cool

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Been some bitter cold nights working on it, but it is moving along... it cut apart pretty easy due to tall the rust.
I have 5 5-gallon buckets full of dirt and debris so far... but that is tailing off now... amazing how much stuff gets jammed up between a saggy body and the frame.

cb

20190122_185138_resized.jpg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Finally warmed up a bit last night to work with the garage open for a bit... helps out a lot with the smoke from cutting.

20190124_183802_resized.jpg

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I picked up another 1/2 parts Jeep that has kept me busy and Jersey visited for the Superbowl, so there wasn't much work going on.
Put I am somewhat back on track... got a lot more braced up and ready for flooring hopefully this week... we will see, weather has been interesting to say the least.

cb

20190208_182505_resized.jpg

20190208_182509_resized.jpg

If you are wondering why the pictures look like they took a step back... its because I needed a second set of body mounts underneath...w hile attempting to get the roll bar off by myself (fricking heavy) I stepped in a spot on the bed and it sunk down a bit... so if 1/2 my weight did that then I know that actual weight in there will cause problems down the road... so I am fixing up that situation now.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Fun with arts and crafts last night... need to make some panels and want to use what I have... we will see if we can make this work.

20190210_155853.jpg

20190210_155901.jpg

20190210_160214.jpg

20190210_160755.jpg

and to see if side to side were exact or not, I flipped it and moved it to the other side... it is very very close... I estimate 1/16" off front to back and the roll bar bolt holes are a little off as well, but pretty good considering.

20190210_160821.jpg