




I recall using 2 pieces 3/8 allthread and straps up to a point on the gearbox housing - just jack it off with nuts.
Are you going to add a vent to the rear of the gearbox and block the vent in the top of the steel pump? (Hole to the right of the one you have circled at the top).
Google tf999 vent relocation














For God’s sake, don’t put it in the dishwasher unless she’s going to be gone for “at least” a few hours.



Nice write up, i did like you are doing and just bought a manual and a rebuild kit and set to it and it turned out great..Here are the parts I bought years ago for the rebuild. I am sure I will need to get additional parts, just don’t know what yet.






Nice write up, i did like you are doing and just bought a manual and a rebuild kit and set to it and it turned out great..
Trying to remember how i got round it but the 999 has i think one extra clutch plate and one extra friction disc than a 904 has.
There isn't enough of them in a 904 rebuild kit and i cant remember for the life of me if i just saved and used the best of the old packs or used what i was given in the kit, all i can remember is measuring the thickness of it all with the verniers. to ensure it was essentially the same as what came out.
Should of documented it lin photographs ike you are to help remind me!.



If you are unsure of the part number or alternate bearings I would suggest checking with CJ7Pilot (member here).Hit a stumbling block. I need to replace the adapter housing bearing. This one is seized up.
I think the markings are:
SKF
A 15 150 W
6207751.5517VB558
The mopar part numbers are:
04130537
4130537
J8132499
The bearing is 2.83” OD, 1.23” ID, 0.67” Wide
View attachment 105783
The seal for the adapter housing is 4269956 = National 710058
View attachment 105784
Possibly a 6207 bearing 35mm x 72 mm x 17 mm? - check the size in metric units.Hit a stumbling block. I need to replace the adapter housing bearing. This one is seized up.
I think the markings are:
SKF
A 15 150 W
6207751.5517VB558
The mopar part numbers are:
04130537
4130537
J8132499
The bearing is 2.83” OD, 1.23” ID, 0.67” Wide
View attachment 105783
The seal for the adapter housing is 4269956 = National 710058
View attachment 105784