• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
IMG_4130.jpg

Batteries are next.
Changing to lithium, should lose some weight to help with rear tire clearance :oops:

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
IMG_4136.jpg

The rear raised up 1" without the batteries.
Have some more work to do on the SUA setup. :rolleyes:

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
View attachment 113255

Batteries are next.
Changing to lithium, should lose some weight to help with rear tire clearance :oops:
Which lithium batteries are you going with?

I need to replace my leaf cells in my golf car and have been trying to decide if I go with more used cells or change to different new ones.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I have two 36V carts that need batteries. Dang deep cycle are $700ish now, and that wouldn't be so bad except they last 5-6 years tops regardless of use, so the last set I bought in 2017 probably haven't been used for more than 1/2 dozen rounds, but I still want the carts to work on the rare occurrence that I want to actually play golf.

Kinda wish I had a gas cart now, but new carts have gotten stupid expensive and the two I have are paid for and easy to fix, outside of battery replacements.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Which lithium batteries are you going with?

I need to replace my leaf cells in my golf car and have been trying to decide if I go with more used cells or change to different new ones.
I'm still doing research on them.
I'm leaning towards the 48v Epoch kit with all the goodies but really hoping for a sale.
I have two 36V carts that need batteries. Dang deep cycle are $700ish now, and that wouldn't be so bad except they last 5-6 years tops regardless of use, so the last set I bought in 2017 probably haven't been used for more than 1/2 dozen rounds, but I still want the carts to work on the rare occurrence that I want to actually play golf.

Kinda wish I had a gas cart now, but new carts have gotten stupid expensive and the two I have are paid for and easy to fix, outside of battery replacements.
Yeah, mine are from 2018 and are shot.
My cart is used for yard work so it doesn't get used much either. It does have the ability to power my 48vdc-120vac inverter but I have a gauge to monitor use so the batteries don't get overly discharged.