• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

An update, could use some prayers.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Today’s update- Mom has improved enough physically to be moved to a memory care facility. I’m dreading her reaction to this, but I realize that the Doctors are right- she’s way to much to handle at home and not appropriate for assisted living.

I don’t think I mentioned this before, but Carol’s step-dad has terminal cancer. He is having an emergency surgery right now, and we are flying out tomorrow morning early to visit him for probably the last time. He has outlived the Doctors projections by 2 1/2 years. Going to be a rough weekend.

Lastly, last night I sold the Wagoneer that I thought was going to be the keeper. I originally had a restorer want it but he was in Italy and the overall costs went too high for what it was. So, it ended up going to a guy who just got back from SEMA. He is going to put it on a shortened Dodge chassis, complete with huge running gear and a high HP Cummins diesel. Not what I had imagined but it’s one down, 4 to go...

Last edited:

7jeeps7kings

Legacy Registered User
City
right near the lake
State
OH
Randy,
sorry to hear everything that is going on. I some how missed this thread. I will be thinking about you and your family and keep you in my prayers.
Sounds like you have a good plan and hope it all works out. Drew (7jeeps7kings)

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
I’m located just outside Charlotte NC and am currently building a house down on the coast. Therefore we will be making numerous trips over the next 6 months for check-ins etc. If there’s anything I can help with concerning your thoughts of relocation let me know. Questions about the various beaches, anything. Even if you need storage for some of your Jeeps let me know.

thinking about y’all.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Reading all of the comments feels so good. Thanks to everyone!

Good news on Carol’s stepdad. He made it through surgery with no complication, and the surgeon said his quality of life should be much improved once he heals up.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I was out working on the Scrambler when my wife just came in with some bad news. The colon perforation that necessitated my stepdad’s surgery had spread so much infection through his system that there was no way to knock it out. The doctors thought they had it under control, but it came back with a vengeance and there is no way to undo the damage done. They just took him off life support and he will be gone within days. At least he won’t be suffering any more.

zero2wow

SOA old xprez...
Lifetime Member
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Our thoughts and prayers continue to go with you and your household brother....
Sorry your having to go through this.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Sorry to hear this. The suffering will be over which is a bittersweet sorrow that I went through with my father. Prayers are with you and your family.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
As we grow older you'll experience these things with your family and those friends that you have. Remember that you have an abundance of resources to draw from when you share what's happening with your friends either in close proximity or friends online as in this community. We're here to help as best we can and NEVER feel alone in what you're going through.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
X2. There's a lot of truth in those words. I've delt with more in the last 4-10 years than the 50 years before that. I'm a stronger better person for it also.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
So very sorry to hear this Randy, best to all of you. I ultimately lost my dad to an infection that ran out of control, I completely understand.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Just got the phone call I was dreading. Carol’s stepdad passed away at 10:30 this morning. He was with Family and went peacefully.

Carol had a birth dad, her adoptive dad, and her stepdad. She was close to all of them and lost all of them to cancer. She is devastated.