• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

An update, could use some prayers.

Just got the phone call I was dreading. Carol’s stepdad passed away at 10:30 this morning. He was with Family and went peacefully.

Carol had a birth dad, her adoptive dad, and her stepdad. She was close to all of them and lost all of them to cancer. She is devastated.

So very sorry Randy. Thinking of you both and sending all my positive thoughts.
 
As everyone has already said, my prayers and condolences go out to you and your family. I also lost my father much like Big Walton and I understand this pain. If it is of any consolation, I am so lucky that when my time comes I have loving family who care about me as much as you and yours have cared about him through this journey. Heal, continue to love and support your family as you have been doing, enjoy every day that the Big Man Upstairs gives you, and know that you have many supporters here.
 
Wow. It's a lot to go through, dealing with two parents at once, especially this time of year. I've done that and the one thing I wished for was that time would slow down so I could take a breath and catch up. Ain't gonna happen. That's where sometimes being there for your loved one takes your mind off of what you're dealing with and helps time pass. Words can't express how close you and your family will be after all this is done. Family is good stuff.
 
A bit of positive news. We were less than impressed with the facility that we placed Mom in. But it was all that was available. We put our name on the wait list for another facility, a place that was almost new and much nicer. We got a call that there was an opening so we’re moving Mom this Monday. As a bonus it looks like it might be a lot more affordable.
 
Back
Top