• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Cj-8 Hot Wheels and Matchbox

So I get a phone call last night and my wife is at Target getting wrapping paper and some stocking stuffers for the kids.
She asks me if I have a Brown CJ7 with an eagle on the hood.
I am like, are you in the hot wheel section?
She says there is a huge bin in the center aisle and when she walked by, she saw the Jeep on the top.
I am like, ok, but they only did that in 1983, maybe it is a re-issue.
She says there is a piece of tape on it as the plastic looks damaged.

I say, is it a buck?
she says 4/3.00
I say, grab 3 others and that one.

So, she gets home and gives it to me... this is what it was, exactly what she said, but it is an old one from 1983

IMG_7027.jpg
IMG_7028.jpg

anyone ever see something like that?
Very strange

In great shape it goes from $30-$70 on ebay, loose is like $6 bucks... so I just can't figure it out.
Someone definitely must have returned it at some point, but there is no SKU, so I don't know how they would justify a refund or store credit.

cb
 
I wonder how long that was sitting in inventory before they threw it in the bargain bin? As far as returns, they will take about anything and give store credit. Making the customer happy. I just can't imagine who would want to return that little gem.
 
Well, the hot wheel is 31 years old, and the store is like 10 years old, so it wasn't from 1983 in that location... oh well, it was a Christmas Miracle :)

cb
 
WTF, is Target even that old as a business?

And tell me that you've been back and searched every one in that bin!!! :eek:
 
Well, the hot wheel is 31 years old, and the store is like 10 years old, so it wasn't from 1983 in that location... oh well, it was a Christmas Miracle :)

cb

LOL. Guess I should have hit reload before posting... too many browser tabs left open too long.
 
Target as a business was here when I moved here 8.5 years ago, so I think they have been around for 10 years, wasn't sure, so I looked it up
Founded 1902
First store 1962

whodathunkit

cb
 
Wife scores some major points with that call. Go wife. I guess they aren't all bad :crazy: :cheers:
 
So I get a phone call last night and my wife is at Target getting wrapping paper and some stocking stuffers for the kids.
She asks me if I have a Brown CJ7 with an eagle on the hood.
I am like, are you in the hot wheel section?
She says there is a huge bin in the center aisle and when she walked by, she saw the Jeep on the top.
I am like, ok, but they only did that in 1983, maybe it is a re-issue.
She says there is a piece of tape on it as the plastic looks damaged.

I say, is it a buck?
she says 4/3.00
I say, grab 3 others and that one.

So, she gets home and gives it to me... this is what it was, exactly what she said, but it is an old one from 1983

View attachment 45605
View attachment 45606

anyone ever see something like that?
Very strange

In great shape it goes from $30-$70 on ebay, loose is like $6 bucks... so I just can't figure it out.
Someone definitely must have returned it at some point, but there is no SKU, so I don't know how they would justify a refund or store credit.

cb

I had that one when I was a wee lad (born in '76):thumbsup:

I do not have it anymore:shrug:
 
I had that one when I was a wee lad (born in '76):thumbsup:

I do not have it anymore:shrug:

I have a couple of these and one that was mine from back then... I have a couple that survived somehow... and I have a couple years on you too :)
 
Score...You should def go back and pull what you can find. For the old stuff sometimes business pack old inventory and sell in bulk to other business to clear up space..Last year i picked up some pallets of toys from my wholesaler's that had 100's of 1988 tmnt cards mixed in.. I now sell them on amazon at 5.00 a pack .. You just got to be In the right place at right time...
 
Wow! Nice find! I've seen "NOS" Hot Wheels on the pegs before but they are usually only 3-5 years old, never 31 years old!!
 
I have 6 extra of these if anyone needs one.


-
Just found this at Wally World today.
bb736c9262ff794404dd2f75b517eabe-1.jpg
 
Saw two of these at Meijers yesterday.

d4418a207b1c519bc6e45aec197d7d13-1.jpg

I have one of those in my living room. I got in for Christmas. It was an import. I live near Philadelphia, Pa and it came from a Mejier near Dayton, Ohio. I have never seen it locally.
 
yet another Jeep I will never get here in Canadaland
 
I can help Canadian deficient friend if you would like one. I will check next time at Meijers and have one for Sand Blast "8".

Where is that Sand Blast "8" thread....
 
I can help Canadian deficient friend if you would like one. I will check next time at Meijers and have one for Sand Blast "8".

Where is that Sand Blast "8" thread....

:headbang:
 
I wish Greenlight would make a Scrambler like these! Good quality and detail!

d26bc8edcc1a07ca5b78b755c868a5ab-1.jpg




 
I can help Canadian deficient friend if you would like one. I will check next time at Meijers and have one for Sand Blast "8".

Where is that Sand Blast "8" thread....

Sand Blast 8 is posted in the Mid-West Regional. I'm ready!:wave: :hijack:
 
Back
Top