• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Congratulations.. we have a winner

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
I agree with Dan on the fact that this was way cool that this jeep stayed within the 'family'. Jake & Jen are awesome and I know will take care of this thing for years to come. Congrats to the both of you. I have some of the pix, but won't be able to post until I get home.

Truck

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
Congrats to Jake and Jenn. Having been able to drive the project on and off of the trailer and into my shop to store it last year while between events, I know they will really enjoy it.

They need to come up to Windrock with it so some of the east coast group can take rides with them in it......:D

Did they bring a trailer able to carry to '8s home?

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
TexasAg77 said:
Did they bring a trailer able to carry to '8s home?
No trailer they were driving it home.
I recall Jake saying it was 500 miles.

Congrats Jake and Jennifer, we know the `Charity Scrambler' is in great hands!

Did Scott mention the 'fine print' that by accepting the `Charity Scrambler' that it must be present at every National Scramble from now on?

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
SOA President Scott Mine draws the winning `Charity Scrambler' Ticket
100_0729jpgt1214230478-1.jpg

Jake and Jennifer accept the key to the `Charity Scrambler'
100_0738jpgt1214230659-1.jpg

Now that's a winning smile!
100_0736jpgt1214230631-1.jpg

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Just got off the phone with Jake.

They are in Hot Springs, AR, said all is going well and they even ran a trail at SuperLift Off-Road park.

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
HA HA!!! AWESOME!!!! Just one though? Truck should have some good pics of the moment Jake found out.

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
For those that do not Know Jake by his real name, his Screename here is CJ8LVR. This is a pic of the Scrambler he has at home right now.

Lift_Kit_057-1.jpg

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
richmond
State
va
Congrats Jake (and Jen!)! Now I guess you'll be riding next year and somebody else will have to be official photographer!

-Mike

Scott Mine

Legacy Registered User
City
Arnaudville
State
LA
Giving away the Scrambler

Let me tell you that it was a GREAT pleasure to give that Jeep away to people that were at the National Event. And then on top of everything to give it away to great people like Jake & Jen was just icing on the cake. AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAPPYWAHO

Enjoying Retirement
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Congrats to (2) great people, Jake and Jennifer. The `Giveaway’ was indeed very awesome and thrilling. I got the first hug from Jennifer and I think Jason got the first hug from Jake. It is such a relief to know that this `Scrambler’ will have a good home and it will have the extra special care that this Scrambler deserves. Even though Jake and Jennifer have the title, it will always be a part of all the people who made this `Charity Project’ possible. This is one of a kind.

All of the people who had a part in this should be proud in the fact that around $32,000 dollars was raised for two good charities. I do not know what our goal was, but I think this project should be considered a great success.

Happy
Pappywaho

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
PAPPYWAHO said:
Congrats to (2) great people, Jake and Jennifer...

All of the people who had a part in this should be proud in the fact that around $32,000 dollars was raised for two good charities. I do not know what our goal was, but I think this project should be considered a great success.

Happy
Pappywaho

I didn't make the connection with Jake being the same "Jake" who took pictures at last year's event. So very cool!

Great news on the funds raised. My only regret is that I could not be there to see the excitement of giving it away. I'm looking forward to seeing video, though!

How long before the charities will be contacted, and do we know how the donations will be presented? That should be almost as exciting as giving away the Scrambler. :)

Craig

Jaxk

Capt Jack
City
Las Cruces
State
NM
Congratulations Jake! I will look forward to seeing you, Jen, and your prize on a future Scramble!

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
Stouttrout said:
...Well, Jennifer and Jason pile into the Scrambler and we head to the trail head. When we get there we pull it into the top trail and Jason hops in my Jeep and we head out to tell Jake that we need him back at camp for the slide show. We find Scrangler coming out of the trail they broke on and Jake is in his Jeep.......Chiefwahoo, Jason stays in my Jeep and I walked up and talked to Scrangler. I walked away a bit and then turn around and said "Hey Mike, Jason needs to talk to you. When Mike comes over we tell him that Jake won. Mike says "Jake who?" "Jake in you passenger seat." The Kaiser comes up and we tell him. We told them not to tell Jake and we had a plan to suprise him. We told mike when we got to the trail head to tell Jake to unlock the hubs and his wife ould come out and tell him.

We get to the trail head and Scrangler takes a wrong turn and passes the Charity Scrambler. Jake see's it and his wife sitting in it and at that point, Mike, turns to Jake and says, "Let me be the first to congratulate you." Jake flipped, I have pics, and he thens sobers up gets very straight faced and asked me, "Wait, who won, me or my wife?" Way to go there dude, find out who it really belongs to:D

here are some pix to follow Stouttrout's story....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Truck

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
attachment.php

That is the exact moment it hit him there. Oh yeah, and the arms wide open shot..... I think that was for Jason. Jason, didn't he hug you before his own wife :D

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
WOW. +/- $32K split to two good causes...

A lot of yall just don't realize how much work was put into this. From a group of internet people.....

Too many to name, but it was Craig's (1x1speed) idea and then all that helped build it. The Kansas group did so much as did the body folks, the drive train group. Man Unbelievable.:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

A 3 year deal or more now seems like it was well worth it. I hope the 2 charities get some sort of write up with the check that is sent to them.

And Jake and Jen wheeled at the site of the first Nat'l. How cool is that!!!!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
This is just awesome, all of it... very very cool. Can't wait to see the video.

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Wow!

Guys. I don't have words to say how grateful I am to be the winner of this awesome Jeep. I'm also very grateful for all of the kind words so many of y'all have said for Jennifer and I. This was one unbelievable trip! I never would have guessed I would be driving home in a "new" Jeep Scrambler! We just got in about an hour ago. 580 miles from Clayton, Oklahoma to Madison, AL. I'm whooped! I took pictures along the way and will try to post them asap...

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Continued...

...I just wanted to say thank you all and please know it is in good hands. I don't intend to sell it, cut off the bed, wheel with the extreme group, or throw rockwells under it. It will however, get driven. It's not just going to sit in the garage. In reading the "mission" statement on that board that traveled around with it to car shows and other events, I think the best thing I can do is just show it off to help bring awareness to our rare breed. In thinking about that on the way home, I realized that just like our Jeeps that are a rare breed, so too are so many of y'all. My wife and I have met some of the finest people we've ever met in this organization, many of whom had a hand in the conception and assembly of this Jeep.

Thank you!

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Pics

Only way I can post them where you don't have to open a file, they just appear is by using a hosting site or something with a URL?