• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Craigslist and Estate Sale finds!

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
It would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison of the 5.7 Hemi and the 5.3 Vortec, both in CJ8s!

Been doing a bit of esearch. I think I'm going to stick to the LS engines. While power and torque are there, it seems to come in at higher RPM's. And the non DOD hemi's weren't exactly easy on gas either. Plus LS stuff is plain cheap compared to the Hemi stuff. I know LS swaps inside out, no reason to mess with success. So ai'm going to pass on the Durango.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Been doing a bit of esearch. I think I'm going to stick to the LS engines. While power and torque are there, it seems to come in at higher RPM's. And the non DOD hemi's weren't exactly easy on gas either. Plus LS stuff is plain cheap compared to the Hemi stuff. I know LS swaps inside out, no reason to mess with success. So ai'm going to pass on the Durango.

I couldn't agree with you more Randy. I was thinking about other engines for my Forward Control but we now know all about the 5.3L engines and where to buy every single part and much cheaper than others. Even the ECU and Tac module don't scare me anymore. My only other options that are still open is the 4.3 and the 4.8. but I'm still hooked on the 5.3 at this point. I think it's going to come down to mileage and cost for me. Let the fun begin.

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Snagged this on last April but just now getting my hands on it.

Attachments

• 8274 El Reno 1.jpg
    8274 El Reno 1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 291
  • 20171217_151833.jpg
    20171217_151833.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 293

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
Nice. If you find that you need a part hit me up. Have some extras laying around.

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
I finally found a cheap winch mount for my 8274. A guy had a Warn mount with the sides to mount on a Chevy truck. I offered $40 and he took it. There's a ton of 1/4" steel on those Chevy side plates to make any brackets I need. On a side note, anyone have any detailed pictures of how the Warn mount is attached to the frame?

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
If I remember right, for mounting to a CJ, it uses the same frame mounts for a feet down style winch, just the tray/plate is different. I have the winch and the mount, just never installed it but remember being surprised it was the same side frame mounts. This for a current style mount, maybe the older ones where different.

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Picked this Quonset building up over the weekend.
40' x 60' 16' center with end walls
We are the third owners, it has never been erected.

om trailer.jpg

Was a heck of a load, 8900 lbs.
Takes 6000 bolts to put together!

Hopefully it will look like this someday.
Will be used for storage.

57834180710_0_BG.jpg

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Great find. Always wanted one. :wave:

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
I put up a 20 by 30 one of those for storage. Wish I would have insulated it. Once you fill 'em up, it's so much trouble to empty them out to do insulation.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Very cool. There are a couple of empty very old (probably slightly after WWII) huts around down that I've eyed wondering if I could get them cheap. I think it would be a HUGE project to take one down, move it, and put it back up. Probably more trouble than it's worth vs just buying a new metal building.

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
That whole building is on that trailer?? WOW

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Scanning Craigslist turned up a "too good to be true" deal on a set of chromed H2 17X8 wheels. I made a call, it was legit! Drove out after work to pick them up. Don't know if I'll try and turn them for a profit or put them on the J20... Paid $50 for the set of 4 with the 35" roller BFG's!

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Looks like a good set of Dune tires and wheels. :bacon:

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Not Jeep related, but my brother collects preprohibition Michigan specific beer crates. I found this one last evening posted for $25.00. Looks like this crate is 1839-1861 as that is when Detroit Brewing Co. was in operation. Early crates like this could sell for $200-$300 to the right collector in this condition. Brother was stoked I found it for him.

9512AA0F-DF38-4CA3-A93E-5B03D7505518.jpg

CC29DC26-3202-4BD9-914D-0258ADA75577.jpg

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
May have to throw Facebook Market on this thread. Bought a box-o-stuff today from a really nice guy that had a 79 CJ and wanted this stuff out of the way.

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg11.jpg

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Cliffords and Jacobs. Memory's from he past. I liked Jacobs, no longer is business, they were bought up by another company.