• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Craigslist and Estate Sale finds!

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Sure drop them off on the way back to Texas. I'm just a couple miles from I-10 :) I could probably even get my buddy to take them off the wheels

Scramblin Man

Beyond help
Lifetime Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
Sure drop them off on the way back to Texas. I'm just a couple miles from I-10 :) I could probably even get my buddy to take them off the wheels

If your really interested in them, I’ll sell them for a reasonable amount. Have to go back down I-10 to Orange Beach in a few weeks for a company meeting

CC CJ8

Basic User
City
Barnstable
State
Ma
They are still around, next to another pair. One pair is silver, other black anodized. Both sets in very good shape, missing some of the attachment stud things. I have been toying with the idea of parting with a set.
View attachment 74861

I might have a friend going to Philly soon, any addtional thoughts on selling 1 of the sets ?

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Not too exciting, but I found a CJ Dana 30 front axle, with extra parts, for $75.00 delivered. Just what I was looking for!

I want to rebuild my front axle, but I don't want too much down time, so I went looking for a spare axle to rebuild while I'm still driving around on the old one.

The only drawback is the 3.31 gears... I'm running 4.10s, so I can't use the carrier that's in this axle. Oh well, I'll probably get a Trutrac anyway, so it's not much of an issue.

D30 - 1.jpg

D30 - 2.jpg

So... does anyone have a D30 Trutrac they want to part with? :shrug:

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
Not a huge score by any means, but I snagged an OEM YJ underdash AC assembly off of FBMarketplace for $50 and the seller threw in 4 velcro OxGord roll bar grab handles and 8 TrailGear Creeper Joints just to get them out of his way!

CC CJ8

Basic User
City
Barnstable
State
Ma
I might be in the area next week (looking for other jeep parts) if someone needs some better pics, I might be able to help out.

For Sale is Very Rare Classic Jeep Wrangler CJ8 Scrambler Pickup Made for off roads and Rock crawls.
Has Straight 6 AMC motor with Upgraded Carb.
Chevy 6 Speed Transmission 6:1 gear ratios.
Spring Over Lift. Can fit up to 37 inch tires easily
Dana 44 With 6 lugs for more strong hold on tires
Half Cab
Driver Custom Roll Cage, Poison Spider Body Guard and side bars
Like new Tires and Steel Rims
Bed lined Tub
Very Solid frame, Not even one spot of rust, Needs re-paint the frame soon

https://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/d/hartford-jeep-wrangler-cj-8-scrambler/6954949731.html

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I use the aerosol aircraft stripper from Autozone. Get a few cans. I usually have to do each rim a few times

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I appreciate you keeping your eyes out.

I actually bought a 2002 WJ Laredo 4.0 with only 144k miles and a 6 month old transmission withe receipts and 6 months warranty on the trans....

Really clean...bottom side has not a hint of rust.

Picked up some JL Rubicon wheels for it yesterday (for almost nothing). Will eventually be sourcing some BFG KO2s 255/75/17s to fit em.... This has become a real common swap on WJs.

Have (4) disc rotors, pads, hub bearings & ball joints headed to me now...... Front rotors are the only think that really "needs" done; but once you're that far on a WJ; might as well get it all... Will be getting a lift for it before the snow blows...

Aiden jeep test fit JL rubi wheels 08 2019.jpg

Attachments

• Other JL on rubi wheels.jpg
    Other JL on rubi wheels.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 20

Sfisher

Basic User
Silver Member
City
El Dorado Hills
State
CA
In an effort to have as many colors as possible on my Jeep I picked up a pair of YJ half doors this weekend. Had to remove the interior panels from them because my roll cage was too tight for them to close. Very happy for $350

She will get painted some day!
8DD13988-4538-404D-B073-14B41A08DBE7.jpeg

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Went to the yearly car part swap meet yesterday. Picked up a nice jack, a set of Waggy hubcaps, and 3 wall hanger grilles. One of the grilles is fiberglass, the other two are factory. Might make the 2 metal ones into end tables or something and see if there’s a market for them.
Oh, and I passed up a 8274 for $250. It had a good case but the solenoids and housing were crushed and there was no remote. Probably should of bought it but just didn’t need another project.
C822C37E-8151-4256-AAC5-E08CB9CA213E.jpeg34EE606B-61D5-4A43-B5DF-84A6BA845B8A.jpeg7B82177A-3F63-479D-AEC8-06927E93EB74.jpeg