barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Pick up some Jeep Autometer gauges. Used Speedo, tach, fuel, volt, water temp, oil pressure. New oil, transfer case, axle, transmission gauges. Got them for pennies on the dollar versus what they would be all new from Autometers website(96% off new price). I picked up a new set of Autometer Phantom gauges cheap 20 some years ago, might sell those(still new in packages) and use these instead. Not so sure transfer case, axle temp would be needed since I won't be bombing 100mph across a desert. They will go in my DD Fab dash I picked up 2 years ago after the 1st and 2nd owners never installed it. Gonna need a different panel to install more small gauges and put the radio in my Tuffy console.
20200226_174605.jpg 20200224_222544.jpg

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
First turbines, a warn float kit, and now mag slots. Man, you need to share some of that great luck you are having.

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
W-S
State
NC
First turbines, a warn float kit, and now mag slots. Man, you need to share some of that great luck you are having.
reminds me of a quote I recently heard...
"Luck goes both ways, just some get the good and others get what is left." - Roscoe1974

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Haven
State
UT
I keep looking for a single 15x7 turbine, but keep stumbling on other stuff. Wish I had a J20 to put these on. They are actually 16.5" x 8.25"

Screenshot_20200527-154641_Facebook.jpg

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Found a 1971 Huffy Cheater Slick “muscle bike” for $20 at a barn sale Saturday. Need to stop at a bike shop this week that says they have the correct rear slick tire for it. Found the correct paint front fender on eBay already. Gonna take it camping with us to bomb around on. 😁

Attachments

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Found a 1971 Huffy Cheater Slick “muscle bike” for $20 at a barn sale Saturday. Need to stop at a bike shop this week that says they have the correct rear slick tire for it. Found the correct paint front fender on eBay already. Gonna take it camping with us to bomb around on. 😁
That’s too cool! I remember when I was a kid in the late 60’s I got one of the Schwinn Apple Krate bikes. Bright red and with a rear slick and a tiny front tire. Boy, I thought I was the coolest!

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Just googled the S AKB I never knew what those were called. Think my dad built mine from frame up. Painted old frame and added banana seat and handle bars. We really did think we were cool back then.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Picked up a 1992/93(not sure)John Deere F725 witha 54" cut. Drove by it then thought maybe it's cheap, turned around, checked it out went home. Went back 2 hours later and bought it. Was the seller's father who bought it new. 1179hours(43 per year average). Just bought a 2003 LX266 for $500 last month which was a steal. The F725 moves fast compared to a riding mower. I was amazed how fast I cut my yard, the 54" and super tight turning rear steer helped. It's real bigger than I need, actually bought it to flip(like my CJ7 last summer that I still have).
20200620_124214.jpg 20200611_230734.jpg

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
That F725 have a Kawasaki engine on it? Those old Kawasaki powered Deere's ran forever. I'm still using my grandparents 1985 112L to mow. Bought another one just like it for $125 a few months ago. Had to put front tires and a muffler on it. Runs like a top still. Was planning on using the new ones for parts, but it actually runs better than my original 112L. I also had an old GX75 rear engine (Kawasaki 9HP) mower that someone gave me. It too ran forever. I sold it when I got the second 112L.